thetextresults.com

Help Support Steer Planet:

showheifer45

Has anybody heard of the new site??  they were at the ok beef expo and it is cool.  you get show and sale results sent to your phone by text message.  you can sign up for just 20 dollars a year and pick what breeds you want and what breeds you want sale results you want and pick what breeds that you want news from.  they are working with the okla club calf association and most all breed jr associations to send out show dates and entry updates and deadlines. they also said that breeders can advertise for the first year with text messages for free.  it is called thetextresults.com and the cattle site is linked there theshowtext.com (clapping) (clapping) <party> <party> (clapping)

JSchroeder

Did you get tired of spamming other forums?

You should make these fake forum posts a bit more believable.  You are making it sound a bit too much like what you would put in a press release.

For example, establish a username in advance so it's not obvious you signed up just to post a fake topic.  Also, try not to include so much information.  Real people don't recite press releases.

creativecattle

I talked to the one of the gals that is helping start this this weekend down in Oklahoma. It does sound like a neat deal. They said they are going to really get going this summer with the different junior national shows. One of the parts I really liked it that they are going to send out the judging results from National Contests for Junior and Senior college. As a past alumni I am always anxious to see how much alma maters do. Hopefully the results will be timely, and it won't just be quicker to get on here and see how everything went down. I wish them luck, always good to see young people starting new agriculture ventures.

Chris Bingham

I actually live on the same floor as one of the kids who started it. They are going to denver to talk to the breed assocations about linking their stuff too it. It is only $20 per year and they will send any sale or show results for which ever breed you want to know about.

knabe

what's more useful, having your own pricing data when you actually know which prices are real and which ones are trades or you have to try and interpret prices?

how much of a program's utility/sales is based on average sale price

the smaller the sample size, the more variable one would expect price and quality to be.

what sales have represented the better benchmarks of industry?

seems like a better utility would be a hot or not type site.

creativecattle

I still think the service is a great idea. I also like that if I want to advertise my sale dates or let people know that pictures are now online I am not going to have to pay for it, like all these other email blasts. The cost  is not put on the producer, it is passed on to those that want to receive the information. Steirwalt is also online with the service. He is going to sent out a message when he is in a certain area putting on clinics.

Chris Bingham

They are also going to talk to some of the breed associations and see if they would want to be part of the program. That way they can send out information through text messages

bcosu

that's kinda cool but most of the time it is probably a whole lot cheaper just to check online the next chance you get. besides, how many txts are you going to get about sales and shows that you could care less about?

CPL

cbcfarms said:
that's kinda cool but most of the time it is probably a whole lot cheaper just to check online the next chance you get. besides, how many txts are you going to get about sales and shows that you could care less about?

How would they send you the results to a sale that had 100 lots? I know I don't have the most high tech phone, but my messages can only be 160 letters.

bcosu

yeah, i don't see it being real effective but i guess that is why you pay 20 bucks a month because it would probably take 20 texts or more for a 100 lot sale.

LikeToKnow

i have intently looked into this. they have this deal figured out. you are going to be crushed when this takes off and your left in the dust.

it only cost $20 a year. not $20 a month and for that 20 bucks you get to choose what you want a text messages about. whether it be club calves, angus, shorthorns, chi's, etc. then you pick what state you want this information on. really you can get as many or little text messages as you would like.

when in comes to a sale, they said they plan to send the high sellers, the gross, and the average. i don't think that will be more than one text message. but i guess its the thought that counts. 

it is about time that the advertising burden is off the producers back.

CPL

LikeToKnow said:
when in comes to a sale, they said they plan to send the high sellers, the gross, and the average. i don't think that will be more than one text message. but i guess its the thought that counts. 

I already have access to information like that. I would never pay to get that, one of the only reasons I could justify my LiveAuctions subscription was the sale results and infact that went down the tube when Brad quit posting them. Not to mention he LIED to me over the phone about which sales would be put up. But I'm not bitter...

it is about time that the advertising burden is off the producers back.

Really? So I should have to pay for the nike shoe commericals? Don't think so. I could see the updates being effective, but I'm on the computer atleast once everyday so that's not a big problem, but for others I could see it- but I'm not sure the sale results would be worth 20 dollars.

JSchroeder

Imagine that, another person with details on the site that signed up to make sure everyone knows the details.

What a coincidence.

DLD

LikeToKnow said:
i have intently looked into this. they have this deal figured out. you are going to be crushed when this takes off and your left in the dust.

Wow, I guess that does it for me...  I haven't been totally crushed since I got stood up for the prom - don't know if I could survive something like that again... 

::)

OH Breeder

DLD said:
LikeToKnow said:

Wow, I guess that does it for me...  I haven't been totally crushed since I got stood up for the prom - don't know if I could survive something like that again... 

::)

:D

j3cattleco

Saw the frontpage of Cattle.com and thought this might be kinda funny to look at now.  Guess we all should feel "crushed!"

Joshua

herefordfootball

Showheifer45 and Liketoknow the same person? Noo....  :eek:  :eek:  :eek: For gods sake people get a life and stop trying to sell your services. I read Jeffs post on Cattle.com and frankly I'm not suprised it was a rip. Maybe this is a good service that'll be helpful, but people until you have a good reliable product or service dont waste your time, trying to pitch it people who dont care. I would like to give CIM Auctions a  (thumbsup) for pretty decent coverage on the JNHE in Tulsa, and no I am in no way, shape or form related to CIM Auctions, well I do have the 1$ life subscription plan, but I dont think that counts.

Chris