THIS IS TO MUCH ----

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyjock89

The thing is, the Government isn't going to start "chipping" its citizens...ever. Seriously, do you think people would stand for that?  I know things are more Government controlled than what a lot of people like, but come on.  Just freaking out over a(n) (obviously) sensationalized picture isn't rational. It is in no way constructive or conducive to intelligent conversation. EVERYONE, GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS! No.

Freddy is a smart man, and an excellent cattleman. Many folks have been "tricked" into believing things like this, which are simply just not true.  This is not the USSR, this is not Communist Albania, this is not the Gulag. Freedoms may be limited, but do you think everyone was so "free" 100 years ago? Chances are, the US Gov't hindered your ancestors' lives more when they came here than they do yours now. 

knabe

-XBAR- said:
hate?   (lol) no that'd be what insights these type posts. 

the left's hate is what incites these posts. 

your spelling reveals your lack of any philosophical or debate training.

RyanChandler

Good post Olsen.  So sick of all the fear mongering.

Knabe, you're right. I have no philosophical or debate training.  Thanks for the correction. 

knabe

-XBAR- said:
Good post Olsen.  So sick of all the fear mongering.

Have some consistency and hold Obama and the left to the same standard.

It may change who you think is full of frass.

mark tenenbaum

I really dont see where LEFT OR RIGHT HATE have anything to do with the original direction of this post-if anything (YEA YEA THIS IS A VERY SIMPLISTIC ASSESMENT YATTA YATTA THERE ARE MYRIAD ISSUES)-the left raise more hell about insideous govt controls-and the right raise more over nuts and bolts things like gun control-BOTH sides are certainly against GULAG-STALAG-NAZI-COMMI-KGB-control of us Americans-thats ALL of us:both sides have thier aggendas-both expound thier interpretations of our "sacred priveledge" NOT RIGHT-to be US Citizens. O0

KSanburg

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
The thing is, the Government isn't going to start "chipping" its citizens...ever. Seriously, do you think people would stand for that?  I know things are more Government controlled than what a lot of people like, but come on.  Just freaking out over a(n) (obviously) sensationalized picture isn't rational. It is in no way constructive or conducive to intelligent conversation. EVERYONE, GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS! No.

Freddy is a smart man, and an excellent cattleman. Many folks have been "tricked" into believing things like this, which are simply just not true.  This is not the USSR, this is not Communist Albania, this is not the Gulag. Freedoms may be limited, but do you think everyone was so "free" 100 years ago? Chances are, the US Gov't hindered your ancestors' lives more when they came here than they do yours now. 

I heard on the news today that there is legislation in the senate about bio metric cards for US citizens, so how many steps is it to a micro chip in your arm? I would hope that the people would stand against any invasion of our privacy! Period!

knabe

I'm always amazed the government ( essentially ourselves) go after citizens.

For instance the latest proposal is to have gun owners carry liability insurance.

Well, why isn't the opposite more appealing?  Have criminals carry liability insurance?

Or illegals carry id cards. Why is it we always allow law abiding citizens go take on the brunt of erosion of freedom?

Or why does the government print anything other than English?

Amazing.

knabe

-XBAR- said:
And you have a problem w/ the incompetent not being allowed to possess a firearm?

who gets to decide who is incompetent?  the incompetent government?

too funny.  you are just a little to eager to defer to the government.

what are the criteria and evidence you suggest to relieve people of their legally purchased firearms?

perhaps we could start with joe biden who suggests firing a shotgun off one's porch, essentially emptying the shotgun of more rounds and rendering one defenseless.

maybe we could start with those who receive federal benefits of any kind, and start searching people's homes for firearms.

lots of areas of improvement to public safety.

i mean, even if it saves one life, right?