Thoughts and questions on our steer.

Help Support Steer Planet:

American Cross,Born late July, been on feed (Fitter's Edge) since start of December.  This is only our second show cattle project.  Thoughts on animal?  Is Fitter's edge and hay enough or should I be looking into supplements?  Show is in October shooting for 1300lbs (current guess is 650, as I have no scales).  Thanks.

SteerFeb2010004.jpg

SteerFeb2010003.jpg

CJC

What show is he going to? He looks pretty good to me. I'm just guessing, but he looks about 550#. Just going off of the picture and I have a calf that is about that size too.

frostback

I am a little confused about a couple things. First the calf looks cool but how is your name Jason the CANUCK, but you are south enough for a American steer. Also the choice of outfits for the person in the photo needs work. Just Kidding the steer does look cool and I dont think at this point he needs much more than you are feeding him. It is early though you may need to find someone with a scale close by so you can see how he is progressing and make changes if need be.

I am a Canadian who got lost 10 years ago and moved to Gulf Coast of Texas.  Steer is going to little county fair, where the classes are American, British and Exotic. 

And yes, my daughter's choice of clothes could be better.  But I can't complain cause she doesn't mind getting dirty.