Thoughts on "Amen" Calf please.

Help Support Steer Planet:

bulldawg

Just wanted to get some of you to let me know what you think of this "Amen" calf out of one of my ordinary pasture cows. She is actually one that lost her mother and I raised on a bottle. This is her 2nd calf and he weighed 90 lbs unassisted. My son will show him at next yrs county fair. Please be Honest, he is only 6 wks old in these pictures, they were taken with my Cell phone, so not the best. Thanks in advance, I just want to see if I should use him again on this cow. This was my 1st AI success. Thanks to any advice. The last picture is about 2 hrs or so after he was born.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 172

I-69cc

I wouldnt be affraid of bein proud of that 1 ! Really nice calf but only time will tell! Id say u got 1 to b proud of at the end of the day

bulldawg

WB ShowCattle said:
looks nice pretty thick why is amen in quotes??
Just putting his Sires name in quotes. I had seen some people on her recently wanting to see what Amens calves are looking like. he is pretty thick, getting thicker as time goes on. I am really pleased with him. Thanks for the reply.

bulldawg

Cruiser said:
Looks to be a stout little fella..Are you selling the calf?
No, my son is gonna show him at our county fair next year,  I am just getting started breeding show stock and wanted to try a clubby bull on this cow to see what I would get, I feel like it was a good combination for the cow being just a stocker cow. I said when he was born that he looked like he was on steroids. He is a stout calf. I hope to start getting more calves like this, just learning a lot right now. Thanks for the reply.

ruhtram

bulldawg said:
Cruiser said:
Looks to be a stout little fella..Are you selling the calf?
No, my son is gonna show him at our county fair next year,  I am just getting started breeding show stock and wanted to try a clubby bull on this cow to see what I would get, I feel like it was a good combination for the cow being just a stocker cow. I said when he was born that he looked like he was on steroids. He is a stout calf. I hope to start getting more calves like this, just learning a lot right now. Thanks for the reply.

Looks like your on the right track!! Keep up the good work (clapping)

OH Breeder

do not like the first and third picture. He looks super straight in the last picture and is running downhill in the first. He has some natural thickness and looks like he is going to have some bone. I just do'nt like the angles maybe I don't think they are very flattering.

bulldawg

OH Breeder said:
do not like the first and third picture. He looks super straight in the last picture and is running downhill in the first. He has some natural thickness and looks like he is going to have some bone. I just do'nt like the angles maybe I don't think they are very flattering.
Ya, I took these with my cell phone, I appreciate your comments. I am hoping he will at least be competitive at our county fair.