thoughts on Grow and Shine

Help Support Steer Planet:

giantpinefarm

I bought a steer for next show season and was wondering what supplements worked well for hair. I was recommended Grow and Shine for the last thirty days of the show season and I was just wondering if it is worth using or is there a better supplement for hair growth?

Tallcool1

We used it last year on two steers, and did NOT use it on one.  The one that didn't get it had better hair, but we worked on him a lot harder because he was our best steer.

The stuff is sticky and messy, but the steers seem to like it.  If you top dress it, they will eat it with no problems.  If you squirt it in their mouth, it is a total P.I.A. 

It is a great motivator to get you or your kids out there to work harder.  As soon as you start using the "miracle drug", you will get all excited and step it up!

vc

We have used it and if the calf is going to be hairy it helps, it will not make a calf that does not have the hair in their genetics, hairy.

We feed it or any melatonin supplement for at least the last 90 to 120 to get the full effect. 30 days will not get the full results you are looking for.