Thoughts on my heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

ShortieShowGirl

This is my purebred registered shorthorn heifer, Destiny.  She was a march 2010 calf.  I am showing her at the county fair and a couple possible small shows in the fall. just tell me what you think. thanks

Attachments

• butch 139.jpg
    butch 139.jpg
    822 KB · Views: 188
  • butch 131.jpg
    butch 131.jpg
    983.8 KB · Views: 169
  • butch 130.jpg
    butch 130.jpg
    922.6 KB · Views: 172

vc

She needs some feed as stated, but to be honest, I would say that she is common looking, a little narrow and a cow hocked. Now that does not mean you need to get rid of her, just do not be disappointed if she does not place high. Some times the common looking cows can have the best looking calves, so have fun.

AAOK

Your heifer is pretty nice in the front half, but drops from her hooks to pins.  With enough hair, and good clipping, you can hide some af that. She is a little cow hocked, but probably has never had her hooves trimmed, which might eliminated that problem.  What she needs the most is to be fatter.  Get her going on a Finishing Ration as soon as possible, and gradually work her up to eating 15 pounds, twice a day. 

For her hair coat, rinse twice daily, and brush with a rice root brush for a minimum 30 minutes after each rinsing.  Wash with Soap once a week.  After washing and rinsing always apply your favorite conditioner before brushing.  Try to keep her out of the sun as much as possible, and under fans throughout the day.

She has the potential to compete, if you put in enough work.  Good Luck (helps more than anything)!

ShortieShowGirl

Were working on feeding her up more. Shes been getting rinsed and had a full bath recenetly and is doing well on the halter. thanks for the help