• star power

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • womanizer

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

jrod123

thoughts on q dog, star power,womanizer which bull would bring good show calf's

Bulldaddy

Out of the three bulls you mention, I have only used Star Power on purebred Simmental cows.  He seems to add some birthweight and bone although I have had no problems calving them out--just wouldn't use him on heifers.  I also have a Star Power first calf heifer that raised a good calf and bred right back.  I think he would work good on some clubby cows to improve maternal without making them frail.

BCCattle

Q-dog calves look nice when they are young. In my eyes they finish out a rib short and just not with the framework that I first anticipated.

BadgerFan

I've used Qdog for 3 or 4 years now.  Here he adds hair and muscle, moderates frame.  Never had one that wasn't sound and never had one I couldn't sell.

Had one Star Power, but won't comment based on only one.

hamburgman

badger, i have heard they can get straight legged, was this your experience also? I am planning on using him this year.

BadgerFan

hamburgman said:
badger, i have heard they can get straight legged, was this your experience also? I am planning on using him this year.

I don't think any worse than any of the other bulls we used.  It's not something I protect them for when mating.