Thoughts on this new clubby bull....

Help Support Steer Planet:

CarleyE

He was YOUNG in those pictures. He's not a midget, and he's not a miniature. You can't make accusations unless you have seen him in person. He is a smaller bull, but by no means a miniature.  For those that did not see him in person there are videos of him on the internet. Cattle.com has a video of him at denver. You could also ask the people who own him for adult photos. Wade rodgers, Chris Rosa, Tim heckman, and denny Taylor own him. And I agree with OH Breeder about the person that has the name about hating club calves. Why contribute to the thread

farmboy

someone i know who has some clout used those exact words about BIM. ill take his word for it. If i have some big ones though i reckon hell be first in line to be bred to.

kfacres

CarleyE said:
He was YOUNG in those pictures. He's not a midget, and he's not a miniature. You can't make accusations unless you have seen him in person. He is a smaller bull, but by no means a miniature.  For those that did not see him in person there are videos of him on the internet. Cattle.com has a video of him at denver. You could also ask the people who own him for adult photos. Wade rodgers, Chris Rosa, Tim heckman, and denny Taylor own him. And I agree with OH Breeder about the person that has the name about hating club calves. Why contribute to the thread

Here is this better.......????

BTW, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell that bull is tiny in that photo, without seeing the video...

frostback

My goal said:
CarleyE said:

BTW, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell that bull is tiny in that photo, without seeing the video...

Will you go away if your goal is met, or are you all words and no action?

CarleyE

My goal said:
CarleyE said:

I'm glad you are not a rocket scientist. HE WAS A CALF! about 4 months when the pictures were taken.

john91

CarleyE said:
My goal said:
CarleyE said:
He was YOUNG in those pictures. He's not a midget, and he's not a miniature. You can't make accusations unless you have seen him in person. He is a smaller bull, but by no means a miniature.  For those that did not see him in person there are videos of him on the internet. Cattle.com has a video of him at denver. You could also ask the people who own him for adult photos. Wade rodgers, Chris Rosa, Tim heckman, and denny Taylor own him. And I agree with OH Breeder about the person that has the name about hating club calves. Why contribute to the thread

I'm glad you are not a rocket scientist. HE WAS A CALF! about 4 months when the pictures were taken.

I wish my calves looked like that at 4 months!
Look at the background. The leaves on the trees are changing, so it is fall when the pics were taken. If he is a march calf, I bet he is 7-8 months in the pictures.

twistedhshowstock

Ok...I hate to add to the argument, but I believe the BIM was a little older than 4 monthhs in those pics...I dont know when the pics were taken but I am basing my concepts on these factors...at 4 months he shoulda still been in the pasture nursin a cow, prolly wouldnt of had hair like that and they arent likely to risk ruining a promotional bull by weaning him early...not based on size, but he looks way more mature than 4 months in those pics...why on earth would they already have a ring in his nose at 4 months...and if I am not mistaken he was raised in the midwest, if those pics were taken in the summer shouldnt the grass under him be green and lush, not brown and crunchy??? I am gonna venture a guess that these are late fall pics and he is more like 6 or 7 months old.  
I agree that everything Jody has to say is negative, sorry Jody but I have been on this forum and watching it for a long time, and like was stated earlier about 90% of what you say is negative.  Just face that its who you are and own up to it, dont deny it and get all pissy about it, not like its anywhere near the first time you been called out on here about it.  But as was stated on here before, BIM is a smaller bull. No he is not a miniature or a midget, but he is a smaller bull.  And I do have to side with Jody on one thing, he was small in those pics and it aint hard to tell, yes he was a calf but he was still small.  Like I said there was a time when he was probably exactly what the industry wanted, but in my opinion he was introduced at the end of that wave and we are gonna go back to a middle of the road frame and make them longer sided, not the short, pudgy cattle we saw for a while.  Believing that that is where we are going, I think BIM is a little to small to be highly succesful in the future, I just think he came along a little to late for it.  Like I said I dont think he is a midget, just a little to much on the smaller side, but I think he will have his place in downsizing some of the big framed cows out there.  I think its a matter of how he produces, other than being a little on the smaller side you cant really knock a ton of holes in him, but at the same time he doesnt really wow me.  Just have to sit back and wait for calves to hit the ground and see what they do.

simmyman67

Calm down jarred lol. He could have a place in downsizing larger framed cattle and giving them more balance. He is very balanced and has all of the right pieces, you can't knock any holes in him at that.

twistedhshowstock

Nathan, what am I calming down from. I am completely calm, just stating my opinion. If you read my entire post, I said he had a place downsizing larger cattle, I said that other than being a little small, you cant really knock any holes in him.  He just doesnt impress me, doesnt mean he is bad, I just think he is just ok.

kfacres

twistedhshowstock said:
Ok...I hate to add to the argument, but I believe the BIM was a little older than 4 monthhs in those pics...I dont know when the pics were taken but I am basing my concepts on these factors...at 4 months he shoulda still been in the pasture nursin a cow, prolly wouldnt of had hair like that and they arent likely to risk ruining a promotional bull by weaning him early...not based on size, but he looks way more mature than 4 months in those pics...why on earth would they already have a ring in his nose at 4 months...and if I am not mistaken he was raised in the midwest, if those pics were taken in the summer shouldnt the grass under him be green and lush, not brown and crunchy??? I am gonna venture a guess that these are late fall pics and he is more like 6 or 7 months old.  
I agree that everything Jody has to say is negative, sorry Jody but I have been on this forum and watching it for a long time, and like was stated earlier about 90% of what you say is negative.  Just face that its who you are and own up to it, dont deny it and get all pissy about it, not like its anywhere near the first time you been called out on here about it.  But as was stated on here before, BIM is a smaller bull. No he is not a miniature or a midget, but he is a smaller bull.  And I do have to side with Jody on one thing, he was small in those pics and it aint hard to tell, yes he was a calf but he was still small.  Like I said there was a time when he was probably exactly what the industry wanted, but in my opinion he was introduced at the end of that wave and we are gonna go back to a middle of the road frame and make them longer sided, not the short, pudgy cattle we saw for a while.  Believing that that is where we are going, I think BIM is a little to small to be highly succesful in the future, I just think he came along a little to late for it.  Like I said I dont think he is a midget, just a little to much on the smaller side, but I think he will have his place in downsizing some of the big framed cows out there.  I think its a matter of how he produces, other than being a little on the smaller side you cant really knock a ton of holes in him, but at the same time he doesnt really wow me.  Just have to sit back and wait for calves to hit the ground and see what they do.

I dont' deny posting negitive posts...  I also don't deny being wrong sometimes... but in this case, that bull is small, too small- and it's as obvious for the reasons you stated. 

Anybody there the day that calf was born?  I've seen several 'smaller' framed animals called Marchs and Aprils, so they 'fit in' in Jan. 

CAB

Just an FYI. The comments about Walks Alone have often been that he sires calves a lot bigger framed than what anyone had expected. I personally have heard that as much as anything about his calves.

cowfitter

I saw him in Denver last year, and he is a little short and very compact, but he was without a doubt a crowd favorite. 

knabe

My goal said:
I also don't deny being wrong sometimes... but in this case, that bull is small, too small- and it's as obvious for the reasons you stated. 

maybe he is from a breeding program of 4-5 cows bred to be the same phenotype and is just prepotent for size.

kinda fits in with your ideal breeding program ideas don't you think?

kfacres

knabe said:
My goal said:
I also don't deny being wrong sometimes... but in this case, that bull is small, too small- and it's as obvious for the reasons you stated. 

maybe he is from a breeding program of 4-5 cows bred to be the same phenotype and is just prepotent for size.

kinda fits in with your ideal breeding program ideas don't you think?

You know, if that's the case-- then all the more power to him. and I applaude them... but in a round a bout- I strictly oppose to that though....

Wait, I guess if you call a herd of several 100- with only 4 good ones (that get flushed), and 196 recips "my ideal breeding program"-- then I guess you're dead on..> Doesn't matter what that 196 cows look like, or if they're half zebra-- cuz they're calves'll all be identical genetically.