thoughts on WERNACRES OFF ROAD

Help Support Steer Planet:

thats funny

We had three of them last year.  Two heifer calves and one bull calf.  The bull, well actually steer didnt have much grow to him and was born real small, about 55 pounds at birth.  He grew fairly well and was out of a sin city cow, and ended up selling with all the other calves and weighing up fairly well.  The two heifer calves are awesome, we kept both and I am showing one now.  They are both huge bodied, thick, big boned and really cowy.  I really like them.  One is also out of a Sin City cow (old show heifer), and the other is out of a Vortec cow(another old show heifer), and prolly one of the best heifers we have raised.

CWshorthorns

We had a hefier out of him last year and she has done very well and has been shown at sevral differant place and not to bad results. 1 div. champ and 3 res div. champs.
She was also half of a bred on champion pair of females at the dixie nationals this year. We have bred 5 cows back to him for fall calfs. I went to Dale Wernicke place last sept adn seen him in person after he has bred cows looked to me like he fleshes very well. Dale has sevral heifers out of him that we looked at also and they looked to be very good easy keeping cattle for sure. I know that Dale will be glad to talk to you about as i have talked with him sevral times and he is a pleasure to talk with.

irishshorthorns

Cut the BS said:
recent success/ failure stories?  Seems to be having some calf recorded out of him, from others than the owners.

I personally don't like him. I saw a video of him and to me he was very turned out on the hind legs. He is also not very well marked colour wise. You were far better to use one of the better Saskvalley, Muridale, Alta Cedar or Diamond bulls for a predictable quality outcross, depending on the type of calf you want you could choose Diamond Captain Marc or Alta Cedar Samurai to breed females or Alta Cedar Code Red or Perfect Storm for a punch more muscling. Muridale Buster 14k is also a personal favourite of mine too. I'd leave this guy in the tank.

OH Breeder

irishshorthorns said:
Cut the BS said:
recent success/ failure stories?  Seems to be having some calf recorded out of him, from others than the owners.

I personally don't like him. I saw a video of him and to me he was very turned out on the hind legs. He is also not very well marked colour wise. You were far better to use one of the better Saskvalley, Muridale, Alta Cedar or Diamond bulls for a predictable quality outcross, depending on the type of calf you want you could choose Diamond Captain Marc or Alta Cedar Samurai to breed females or Alta Cedar Code Red or Perfect Storm for a punch more muscling. Muridale Buster 14k is also a personal favourite of mine too. I'd leave this guy in the tank.

have you ever seen the bull in person?

irishshorthorns

OH Breeder said:
irishshorthorns said:
Cut the BS said:

You can see him on Youtube. He looks very plain sided, turned out behind and has a bad tail setting. IMO.

OH Breeder

irishshorthorns said:
OH Breeder said:
irishshorthorns said:
Cut the BS said:

http://www.cattle.com/video/watch.aspx?id=229

You can see him on Youtube. He looks very plain sided, turned out behind and has a bad tail setting. IMO.

http://www.cattle.com/video/watch.aspx?id=229

Granted I don't wear my glass like I should. But, I saw the bull when he sold as a yearling. I didn't see anything wrong with his movement at all. He looked more extreme in Denver video than he did in person. Tail set is a matter of opinion. I see nothing wrong with his tail set, but I like clubbier bred cattle. To me when I saw him in person, he was masculine and had a good set of testicles.

kfacres

I've got to comment- I sure appreciate all that the cattle.com people do- with video taking at denver.. but gosh dang-- most videos they post are nearly the exact same as  picture I could see in 1/4 of the time.

I don't know what I think of this bull.

I do love a couple of the SaskValley and Muridale bulls...