Thriller Dead

Help Support Steer Planet:

iowabeef

According to Matt Lautner's blog, Thriller had to be put down.  No other details.

willow

hntwhitetail said:
100% of all calves born .... die.

Wow really are you saying that 100% of Thrillers offspring have died or that 100% of cattle in general die?

hntwhitetail

willow said:
hntwhitetail said:

Wow really are you saying that 100% of Thrillers offspring have died or that 100% of cattle in general die?

lol.... I think the post below yours takes care of it, but 100% of everything born dies.

hntwhitetail

sizzler14 said:
hntwhitetail said:
Boy I bet your so bright your father calls you Sun.

I guess if "you are" going to mock someone, you may want to figure out the correct way to use "your" and "you're". 

Any bull, regardless if they are a pb or a three-way cross, can get injured and have to be put down.  I was just making a "joke" before he was getting bashed for being a "clubby" who had to be put down.

sizzler14

hntwhitetail said:
sizzler14 said:
hntwhitetail said:
Boy I bet your so bright your father calls you Sun.

I guess if "you are" going to mock someone, you may want to figure out the correct way to use "your" and "you're". 

Any bull, regardless if they are a pb or a three-way cross, can get injured and have to be put down.  I was just making a "joke" before he was getting bashed for being a "clubby" who had to be put down.
I've Got The Clap (Official Music Video)

shortyjock89

Anyone who builds a program around a fat, hairy calf that they didn't either raise, or buy themselves is doing it wrong.  I probably wouldn't build a program around a single bull at all, but I don't sell a ton of bulls.

rackranch

Good deal, use it.  Despite the ramblings of the above post, Thriller is a good bull.  He is TH and PHA free and can add a lot to  plainer made cows. We had two very nice heifer calves out of him this year.  Both are very deep sided, big ribbed, and structurally correct on both ends.  He has Ali on the bull side and Who Made Who on the dame side.  I think it goes without saying that those bulls have proven themselves.

This sight is funny, I posted a question yesterday asking about what cows to use a Shorthorn bull on.  With all the SH experts on here I get 2 replies.  Someone post that a clubby bull dies and the haters come out of the wood work???

ROMAX said:
Maybe in just fell in to the promotional bull trap,but i just ordered Thriller semen yesterday.

CRS

The heifer in our Avatar is a Thriller out of PB shorthorn cow and she is flat awesome.  Moderate, deep, muscular, moves like a cat and has a great disposition.  Have had a couple other calves out of him and they have all been good or great, he works, especially considering his TH and PHA status.  It is a great loss to all those dirty cows out there, so be nice to them tonight, hopefully his semen will be available for some time to come.

farmershane3

Here is our May 2012 Thriller x Dr. Who heifer, pretty excited to see what she turns into.

Attachments

• lola1.jpg
    lola1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 228
  • lola2.jpg
    lola2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 221

rjb

This is the thriller heifer we raised. Glad we have 12 more embryos in the tank that are full sibs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 133