Tiny Tim - Pee Wee

Help Support Steer Planet:

Blue25

Has anybody seen or used either of these bulls? They look fairly good for use on heifers and they have good genetics.

willow

Ok this may not be the big numbers of major consistency answer you have been looking for, but I can tell you that we had a Tiny Tim out of an average Hard Core heifer this past spring and he is the best little calf that has hit dirt at our place.  We have always had higher birthweights in our cattle and this calf came with a very light pull.  His legs weren't fully extended upon presentation and as soon as we got him headed in the right direction everything was good to go.  We bred that heifer and another cow back to him and are expecting those calves in Feb.  I know it is hard to say from one experience, but we like him and I wouldn't be nervous using him on heifers (we have had bigger Angus calves out of our heifers).

MSF

We had around 20 calves out of tiny tim this year and  were very pleased.  We didn't pull any and the calves weighed good at weaning.  We are definitely using him again this year on heifers.

willow

MSF said:
We had around 20 calves out of tiny tim this year and  were very pleased.  We didn't pull any and the calves weighed good at weaning.  We are definitely using him again this year on heifers.

I was going to mention as well that ours is no dink.  He weaned at almost 8 months @ 696 lbs and we don't feed creep. 

irh

We had a Tiny Tim , that was grand champion home grown this year at our fair.  We have a Tiny Tim/Who da Man bull that is a low birth weight of 60lb. th and ph free that we are going to enter in the Maine sale at the Ohio Beef Expo, nice bull.  We also are keeping a Tiny Tim heifer this year.  We are very pleased with him!