TJ

Help Support Steer Planet:

jbw

How many people have any TJ cows. The ones that I have seen are flat awesome and I am going to flush a cow to him this summer. DTW has one at Cowboys, Just wondering If there is alot of them out there.  Thanks

DTW

Did you get a TJ calf yet?
I have seen more than a few in my days and they make good looking cows and produce.
Look at some of the ai sires that have Tj cows.  Shock and awe,  Dejavu.  Steer that Frye raised won kansas city was out of a Tj cow.  And Dejavu makes great females also.

RSC

jbw said:
How many people have any TJ cows. The ones that I have seen are flat awesome and I am going to flush a cow to him this summer. DTW has one at Cowboys, Just wondering If there is alot of them out there.  Thanks
What's a TJ cow?  Must be Full blood Lowline?  (clapping) So you have one our at Cowboys?  Good Choice!

Tony

DTW

Tj is a 3/4 simmintal bull.  There is a picture of him on stepping stone genetics web site under simmental bulls.  He is a Meyers black top 206y x strough's coaltrain x angus.
She got to cowboys on saturday.
Cowboy will have to tell you what he thinks of her and could post a picture on here.  He can probably get a better picture of her than i could.

inthebarnagain

RSC said:
jbw said:
What's a TJ cow?  Must be Full blood Lowline?  (clapping) So you have one our at Cowboys?  Good Choice!

Tony

LOL!  Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.

TJ

jbw said:
How many people have any TJ cows...  ...I am going to flush a cow to him this summer.

When I read the part about being flushed to a cow this summer, I didn't know whether to be flattered or concerned.  Regardless, I was going to have to decline...  (lol)  (clapping)  (thumbsup)

Cowboy

Just a quick response here -- hehehe

TJ and OFS -- seems you folkshave tons of energy and too much time -- so you are both invited out here for the remainder of the 28 mile fence fixing annual ordeal. ORDEAL -- not even close !

The REAL cow, the TJ cow, is absolutely fabulous to see her. 13 years old and looks 6, tremendous volume and capacity. Absolutely gentle as a lap dog -- wish I had her 10 years ago. In fact I wish I owned her now, I'll bet she still has several years in her.

Every one's dream donor -- you could go a hundred different ways with this one. I am flattered - seriously - to have the chance to work with her. She looks fabulous!

Thanks -------

Terry

Jill

Whew, I thought I was going to have to apologize, I couldn't remember a steer Frye won Kansas City with being a lowline.  (clapping)

DTW

Thanks Cowboy,

She is one of my prize cows and i am very proud of her.  I actually raised that one from a cow i purchased.  Have a half sister here at home that maybe even better down the road but she is not as stout as the cow i sent out to you.
I could have sold that Tj cow well over a 100 times to just about everyone that has seen her but i could never part with that cow and have been offered alot for her.
Wish i would have had her out there and being flushed to heat seeker years ago after seeing her two embryo calves.
Need to also make some more daughters out of her to expand my herd.  I have a couple yearlings now but want more.  Doubt i can ever get one as stout as she is.  But some of her calves have actually been too stout for the judges but people who saw them loved them.
Thanks again Terry and look forward to getting some more eggs on that Tj daughter.

afhm

They make excellent cows the only problem I have encountered is some disposition problems, but I still wish I had a pasture full of them.  I always heard the bull was a nut job.

DTW

Well i can say that the bull was not even close to a nut job and i would know.  I saw him for many years running around.  He was not wild.
However i have seen a few daughters that can be on the wild side but others as tame as i have ever seen.
You are right they make great cows.  And always worked on full flush.  I bet they would work on smooth sailin also since he breeds like flush.