TJS Berry Cherry best red angus bull ever?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Mill Iron A

Got a chance to look this bull over after breeding cows for 40 days and I have seen many progeny from him and I have never seen that much hip, lower quarter, and top shape laid onto a sound super profiling deep ribbed package.  This bull is flat awesome.  By the way he actually has good feet too!

Mill Iron A

That would be the one, have to see him in person to appreciate him.  TJS Berry Cherry 8801

justintime

" best Red Angus bull ever" takes in a pile of bulls!  I would suggest that if this is the bull pictured, and he is that good, they really need to get a much better picture. From the picture he looks like an OK bull but not a great one. I agree with Knabe, in that in this picture he doesn't look very deep and he also appears to be lacking capacity.

Mill Iron A

I agree he does look a little shallow in that pic, not sure the circumstances surrounding it but they def need a new pic.  If you can get to the NILE OR bet on Red you will see the heifers out of him.  He stamps a front end and ironically a powerfull ribcage and square hip.  to me he is heading the right direction for the breed. Ive seen a lot of red angus cattle and he is probably my favorite.

knabe

one bull is definitely deeper and one probably deeper.  the other pic of cherry is better, but too clipped up.

aj

You guys get so hung up on pictures. What does his daughters look like. What is the calving ease? There is so damn much more to cattle then a damn picture. The hell with pictures. I'm so sick of all the photo shop perfect professional pictures oiut there. I guess they need to glue him up after being in a cooler for 3 months......photo shop him.......THEN he would be a good bull?

DL

best Red Angus bull ever? Not likely - no matter what his picture looks like - I'd put BECKTON JULIAN GG B571 # 387580 way way ahead of this bull - in fact I can think of any number of bulls I'd put in front of this bull, including 373....

Mill Iron A

AJ I agree with the photo shop deal. Yes seeing cattle in person makes all the difference. I like this bull but I think its probably too soon to claim the best bull ever.  Truthfully I wanted to generate some discussion on a bull that I haven't seen discussed here. Gulian certainly has added some stouts in this breed but certainly didnt do anything for femininity.

knabe

aj said:
However.....if jit says he lacks capacity I guess he lacks capacity.

i said it.

from your comments, a picture and your continual comments regarding JIT carry just about the same lack of depth and capacity.

Pipeliner

You guys have to understand the Red Angus breed......... They make statements like this all the time.

- the most talked about bull in the world!
- the kind that make the perfect red angus cow
- I can name 3 different Red bulls that have all advertised "the most talked about bull in Denver!" one never even showed there, the other two never won a class.
-the best red angus bull ever. Another big statement, in your eyes he could be. In my eyes, I'd pick another bull.

All in all it's just another claim by a Red Angus breeder. I would of said "the best red angus bull ever, that I've used."