TKA Rocky

Help Support Steer Planet:

mark tenenbaum

Of all the people to have calving trouble THE LAST one Id want would be Dave McFarland-who was of great help to me when I had to firesale my cows. Three were bred to Rocky-and they have never had a big calf-one had a 150 pound bull caf.-she is a 0 bw epd cow-and has 3 daughters and a grandaughter-all producing small bw calves.,and I understand the other 2 calves  werent far behind in wieght..I looked at this bulls calves,in a barn-4-5 of them-and they were moderate and did not appear extreme in any way-all I can say is beware- O0

bjkoller

We had four Rocky calves last year out of Charolais cross cows with no problems averaged about 90lbs.  This year we had three more... two were average size heifers at about 80lbs but had a bull calf that was closer to 110.  The cow with the 110lb calf had a bull calf last year that was average like I said.  This year was a much milder winter for us and they are fed the same every year.  We have had good luck with the few Rocky's we have and I used him again this year.  We will see..................

dhs

Mark sorry to here about your the birth weights, I had few similar problems with the calves out of him last year. I hope better news is on the horizon.
Thanks, dhs