to AAOK

Help Support Steer Planet:

jdgraham515

sent you a pm regarding your feed mix. Just was wondering if you would still feed it to your show cattle today or would you go with a different mix now. I will be feeding weaned calves. Already have a quote on you mix posted on the site.

shortyjock89

Not sure if he'll see this or not.

As far as I know, AAOK doesn't have any show cattle anymore, and hasn't for some time. 

His feed mix should still be pretty good for a general feed, but will probably need some tweaking as it's pretty old. 

I, by no means, mean any offense.  His family raised some of the most competitive Maine Anjou females of the 90's, but feeding now is a bit different from back then.

blackdirt cowboy

I use a ration now that's really similar to AAOKs ration. I developed it with a nutritionist that was helping me with some rations for my commercial operation. I use it as a grower all the way through finishin stage. I tweak it from time to time depending on what my goals are. If you're interested in it, let me know. If you are just feeding commercial weaned calves, there are much cheaper rations you can use. However, if they are show cattle I would highly reccomend my or AAOKs ration.

jdgraham515

Thanks for the replies. I'm weaning calves a bit early. 1st week of January calves to get them ready for a July show as feeder calves. Just wondering if it will help me get rid of that greener look soon enough by second week of July.