To all Steer Planet members- worth your time

Help Support Steer Planet:

RuffoniSistersCattle

Hello fellow Steer Planet members! I wanted to stop by and make a quick post saying THANK YOU. I sincerely mean it from the bottom of my heart. With all the knowledge and advice given through all the 10.000+ members this site is a true gem to be found for everyone starting in the livestock industry, or even if you have been in the stock industry for many generations. From feeding tips and programs halter breaking, Show advice, breeding talk, sharing stories of whats worked and what hasnt, even sucess stories or just industry talk from sales to the  a new bull coming out this website has helped so many people including myself in more ways than one.

Thank you for those who post regularly and commenting on posts of others, or writing your own.
Thank you for your patience with new kids or industry members starting out trying to find their place in the world and learn as much as they can.
Thank you for everyones committment, integrity and strong morals to give postive advice and critique when needed.
There will always be politics and different opinions on everything, not just in this industry and sometimes, more than needed, we see this. Yet as a whole I have seen so many true, honest and helpful members who strive to do the right thing. I myself usually am a "looker" only posting when it is truly needed and tend to look up old random posts and sift through new ones that intrest me or have a new topic i am in need of more information on. Recently I had an issue with a calf popping in his pastern, being a young show calf who has yet to even see this years jackpot circut i was terribly worriedd. Being a member on steer planet i was able to look up older post regarding this issue and found that high levels of iron in the water could be a contributing factor to this occuring. Which would makes sense in my casebecause our water does have very high llevels of iron and we have known this yet never connected this to joint issues. Being able to look upp treatments and ways of preventing this hopefully the calf will get better. ( If he doesnt i might need to make a post asking for help LOL ) Overall this webiste and members
are nothing short of AMAZING.  (clapping) <rock> So thanks again for everything in the past and thanks in advanced for future!

CAB

<party>Thank you for posting up. Sometimes we lose sight of the fact that we are helping some of you out there.

jason

Thanks for posting that. 

This site is a wealth of knowledge.  Topics can get sidetracked a bit, but overall people genuinely try to help each other out.

J

JTM

Very well said!

Jason, this person sums up this website much better than any I've seen. Thanks for having the site. I hope it continues for many more years. (thumbsup)

RuffoniSistersCattle

JTM said:
Very well said!

Jason, this person sums up this website much better than any I've seen. Thanks for having the site. I hope it continues for many more years. (thumbsup)
It was very easy to put into words how amazing this site is!!! I could go on and on forever, I tell everyone meet that has a question to look on this site and become a member. This site is Better than GOOGLE!!!! :)

bulldawg

I feel the same. This Website is Awesome. Great folks always willing to give a hand to young livestock showman/and women. I am appreciative also to the folks on here. But, you summed it up very well.

bruiser

GOOGLE????? What is google but an opinion of someone entered in a computer. More than likely someone with no practical experience on the subject. But SP??? That's a whole differant breed of cat. Look at all the practical knowledge amassed in the thousands of members. Remember the old saying ?? Them only stupid question is the one not asked.

upthecreek

I agree that this site is a great resource for cattle people of all ages.  I spend a considerable amount of time reading the posts and have gained alot of knowelge.  Thanks Jason for making the site available and thanks to the people whotake the time to share their knowlege. (clapping)