Top 5 Bulls in 2012 Video

Help Support Steer Planet:

starz20

apparently the guy who made the post thinks these are the top 5 bulls.  Didn't realize there was an "expert" to make that decision for everyone. 

executive37

These are my top 5 due to the fact their 2012 spring calf crops have been the most consistent and high quality of current club calf bulls in service that I've seen as I've traveled through 15 states and about 20,000 miles and looked at calves.

They may not work for everyone but on the average these sires are the top 5 in the business at this stage of the game for siring champions and top sellers!

OH Breeder

I enjoy your videos and have followed you on the shows you all have done. I appreciate it alot for those that can't always be there. But I was kind of lost after viewing the video-----when I read the title of this video I was expecting actual video of the bulls or at maybe mature pics video.

farmboy

I'll agree with #1 in Monopoly, but I-80 at #2? If any bull deserved to be on the list it is Eye Candy. I would put Bodacious over I-80 any day

adam o

seems to me you haven't heard of eye candy .... also it comes to my attention that this is an advertising piece of bull shit for lautner and rogers not nocking them... just saying that's what a magazine is for.... just my opinion!!

executive37

No offense to Eye Candy. He's certainly a popular bull that has done well. I just have not seen the volume of Eye Candy sired progeny in my travels. He certainly works, but I would imagine that those 5 bulls will sire more sellers in this coming sale season than the rest. Eye Candy certainly deserves consideration. He's making great replacements!

adam o

in my opinion i have seen more cripple monopoly's than eye candy... eye candy is number 1 in my book!!  .......  i wonder if they make    BREED TRAUSCH flags to fly  (lol)  

executive37

Haha, I would imagine they could make flags. Those certainly seem to be popular in the business these days.

adam o

i promise you eye candy semen sells just as much as of any of the bulls in the video!!!

vet tech

I am in Ohio and honestly, plain honestly, those are the top 5 bulls right now. I like the walks, monos, and heat waves over eye candys. Just my opinion. He didn't list these just by pictures lol. I am willing to bet more cows get flushed to i80 this year than any bull in Ohio, ask Dr Stout.

starz20

executive wouldn't notice an Eye Candy calf cuz he ain't looking for them.   If it ain't Launter and now Rodgers sired, he doesn't care.  But no one really cares what he thinks anyway.    How many state fairs did walks alones win last year?  I honestly don't know

executive37

Soehnlen, I bet ur right about I-80. I'd bet he's the highest selling volume bull in the club calf business this year. If he can make it he'll blow past 30,000 units this year easy with the demand I've had and seen!

starz20

soehnlen seriously thinks he knows who used what in all of ohio.  LOL!  That is an amazing trait.

executive37

Walks Alone sired the 2011 State Fair of Texas Grand Champion Steer.

The best heifer I've seen in the country this spring is sired by Mojito. He's not a Lautner or Rodgers owned bull. If they're good, they're good doesn't matter the sire.

vet tech

It's not that hard to figure out, traveling around the top end calves have consistently been those bulls. It's just my opinion, I don't know anyone involved in the video, the maker, Lautner, Rodgers or even trauschs for that matter. I like eye candy but I like other bulls better. 90% of the calves you see advertised in show circuit, or whatever, will be by those bulls. Guaranteed