Top 5 of all time

Help Support Steer Planet:

doublestuff

I've put alot of thought into my top five list of all time CLUB CALF sires . Trying to also include maternal sires it was challenging for me to limit to just 5 but here is what i've come up with. Please share your list as well. In no particular order:

Heatwave
Who Made Who
DoubleStuff
Meyer 734
Full Throttle

And I would have to say that within 3 years Monopoly will surpass them all.

stangs13

doublestuff said:
I've put alot of thought into my top five list of all time CLUB CALF sires . Trying to also include maternal sires it was challenging for me to limit to just 5 but here is what i've come up with. Please share your list as well. In no particular order:

Heatwave
Who Made Who
DoubleStuff
Meyer 734
Full Throttle

And I would have to say that within 3 years Monopoly will surpass them all.

I think that might be pushing it for monopoly. Sure one day, there is no doubt about it that he will be a great one, but after just 3 more calf crops him beating heatwave, not so sure! Heatwave has probably 1000s of wins across the country, and he is still going strong. While monopoly doesn't have quite that many yet..and I dont think he will in 3 years. I think with time he will be a great heir to his dad throne!

Isnt double stuff a shorthorn bull? There was a double stuff heifer in our ffa this year..

farmboy

heatwave - winners left and right
who - the original king, made the best steers back then, makes the best mammas today
full flush - another great one, sired a lot of sons
heatseeker - lots of winners, daddy of HW
double stuff - got the ball rolling for shorthorn show calves and clubbies. found in almost every clubby shorty pedigree today.

doublestuff

well 6m if it has I didnt know it and if you are so bored with it then don't read it or  take part.  Yes doublestuff is a short probably before your time there stangs but definately considered to be a clubby type bull in his day and I would even say now. And I'm not saying that monopoly will sire as many as heatwave in the next 3 crops, I just think he will be far more consistant and sire lotsa great ones over that time and beyond. Just my opinion.

shortyjock89

Yeah, we had a tournament for the sires on here, but I don't mind talking about them some more.

Doublestuff is a little bit older "clubby" shorthorn, definitely one of the first to put that "look" into them.  He's probably older than quite a few kids that post on here sometimes.

FWIW, I've never used anything even close to HW, and I'm going to give Monopoly a shot on my best crossed up cow next year. I'm crossinb my fingers on him being consistent again next year.

FutureBreeder2013

since im still pretty new to the cattle business i looked up double stuff calves to see what he produced and i was amazed.

i also looked him up on cattle.com and there it said he was 16 thats 2 years older than myself.

stangs13

I have quite a few pictures of him and his offspring from my dads old books..I wasnt sure if it was him or tequila..but I have both.  He is a looker that is for sure!!

Nasc

its almost time for the bull bracket part II..........................................

stangs13

doublestuff said:
well 6m if it has I didnt know it and if you are so bored with it then don't read it or  take part.  Yes doublestuff is a short probably before your time there stangs but definately considered to be a clubby type bull in his day and I would even say now. And I'm not saying that monopoly will sire as many as heatwave in the next 3 crops, I just think he will be far more consistant and sire lotsa great ones over that time and beyond. Just my opinion.

I think we were born around the same time..lol...I have some old pictures of him and a lot of other older clubby bulls, thats why he rang a bell. He sure is a looker, and he resembles what calves of today look like for being so old. I totally agree on the consistency of monopolys calves vs. heatwaves.. Monopoly seems to cary more maternal characteristics than his father as well..

mark tenenbaum

DOUBLESTUFF, HEATSEEKER (SIRE OF HEATWAVE) ,AND MB STEERMAKER ( BORN 1990) , PROBABLY HAD AS MUCH INFLUENCE IN THE DOWNSIZING AND CHANGE OF THE PUREBRED CATTLE INDUSTRY AS ANY OF THE LATER BLACK (HS WAS HALF SHORTHORN) BULLS.

ZNT

I think we really need to classify the top 5 clubby bloodlines.  The great sires have seemed to produce son's that werer also very influencial.  Here is my list, in no particular order

1. Sugar Ray - Full Throttle - Full Flush
2. Cunia - Power Plant
3. Who Made Who
4. Double Stuff - Double Vision
5. Heatseeker - Heatwave- and at the rate Monopoly is going, him too some day.

afhm

ZNT said:
I think we really need to classify the top 5 clubby bloodlines.  The great sires have seemed to produce son's that werer also very influencial.  Here is my list, in no particular order

1. Sugar Ray - Full Throttle - Full Flush
2. Cunia - Power Plant
3. Who Made Who
4. Double Stuff - Double Vision
5. Heatseeker - Heatwave- and at the rate Monopoly is going, him too some day.
I agree with your bloodlines classification.  Somehow Meyer 734 needs to be included in the list and it wouldn't hurt to include Payback.

Maybe we could change it to the most influential breeding programs for a change.
1. Kephart
2. Lautner
3. DeJong
4. Ohlde
5. Bob May