Total Solution Clone

Help Support Steer Planet:

HGC

How did the Total Solution clone look in Denver?  The original Total Solution would be 10 years older than the other bulls in Denver, just curious how he compares size wise.  He is more known as calving ease and maternal.  Is that the way he looks?

hntwhitetail

HGC said:
How did the Total Solution clone look in Denver?  The original Total Solution would be 10 years older than the other bulls in Denver, just curious how he compares size wise.  He is more known as calving ease and maternal.  Is that the way he looks?

I also would like to know how a bull promoted 10yrs ago compares to todays heavily promoted ones.

hntwhitetail

I don't want a muscle bound bull breeding my heifers.  i would use total solution a lot to get a live calf.

hntwhitetail

Has anyone had any of these on the ground yet?  Wondering what he works best on.

gary89

Total solution clones are at Nichols.  I thought ts 1 looked really good.  Others not as much, but haven't seen any calves.

mark tenenbaum

Its funny how many great producing bulls would look funny tied up at Denver-When you see how UGLY some of the really good Angus and Shorthorn-YES SHORTHORN (like Proud Jazz) are-you have to go with how good or bad the progeny are-The only quote I have to quiet the Angus demi-gods-was made by Harold Goode-many years ago at Denver-he has been associated with some very well known and usefull Shorthorn and Angus breeding: "Shorthorns and Angus are the most similar cattle there are".In my mind-they really are the 2 breeds of cattle that cross so much better than they do "straight"-thats why an ugly bull like the above mentioned Total Solution Clone could end up so incredibly good-like Grizzly, Proud Jazz, Leader 21st, yatta yatta. O0