Trifecta could this be the bull everyone is looking for?

Help Support Steer Planet:

buck33

Trifecta 714  He's at Vogler's in Nebraska.  Huge foot, Square hipped, really long fronted, and a cool baldy.  He's a proven calving ease bull that is 3/4 Angus and 1/4 Simme.  Take a look!

Attachments

• Limestone Trifecta 714.jpg
    Limestone Trifecta 714.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 624

knabe

buck33 said:
Trifecta 714  He's at Vogler's in Nebraska.  Huge foot, Square hipped, really long fronted, and a cool baldy.  He's a proven calving ease bull that is 3/4 Angus and 1/4 Simme.  Take a look!

just name him meyer 714.  looks better anyway.

CAB

What's his pedigree or where can we find info & does proven calving ease mean like all of the other proven calving ease or please be specific about what proven calving ease means for you. Thanks.

JWW

he is a OCC Magnitude x meyer 734..... there is a video on youtube of him too.

JWW

crushertown

Hes got OCC characteristics on the angus and a pinch of meyer for the simmy.  just guessing.

CAB

JWW said:
he is a OCC Magnitude x meyer 734..... there is a video on youtube of him too.

JWW

Went and tried to find him on Youtube, no luck for me. Could you post a link here to the video & how old is Trifecta? Trying to figure out how "proven" he is,(DOB). I like the looks of the bull and he's plenty clean fronted enough for me. Look @ the length of neck. His daughters will be feminine & I'm pretty sure sure his sons will be great feeding salebarn type of steers.

Show Steaks

Limestone had him as for his age look  at his brand*7*14 , 7 for 07 that would be a 4 year old and a great picture for that age i might add, i would like to get semen on him if i knew where it was

mbutler

I actually had some calves out of this bull. I bought a group of first calf heifers from Limestone with calves by him. Sold the bull calves right off the heifers at 6 months of age. They weighed 550-630 with creep. I kept some of the heifer calves. Most the calves had blaze on head. They all were very good doing calves. Look like very good replacements.

OH Breeder

simmyman67 said:
Not very clean front-ended for a club calf bull..

His front is indicative of a how a bull should look that is masculine. He is not really that sloppy at all. You are use to seeing arrow fronted goose necked bulls that are fluffy then I am sure he looks kind of dull. I think he is a great example of a masculine bull that has a good "set" on him. Great for a calving ease opportunity but would like to also see his calves.

Telos

I'll be surprised if he doesn't become famous for producing good females. Really like him. Fluid on the move with a nice set of testicles.

buck33

CAB said:
What's his pedigree or where can we find info & does proven calving ease mean like all of the other proven calving ease or please be specific about what proven calving ease means for you. Thanks.

There have been over  200 head of calves out of this bull.  Limestone has used him exclusively, and done well selling females bred to him.  They have not had any problems using him on heifers.  They are planning to use him AI on 300 plus head of heifers this year.  His EPD's for BW are -2.0  so they suggest moderate birthweights.  The calves being born now out of a group of Commercial Angus cows weighing #1250 are averaging in the mid 70's. 

buck33

Show Steaks said:
Limestone had him as for his age look  at his brand*7*14 , 7 for 07 that would be a 4 year old and a great picture for that age i might add, i would like to get semen on him if i knew where it was
Semen is available from SEK, Cattlevisions, and Stepping Stone Genetics.  Sexed semen is selling exclusively online. Talk to Sneed about him he will tell you that it took 5 min. to take this photo and one other.  In fact he took only 2 pics of the bull!  Sexed semen is selling exclusively online.

MOCattle

how much white does he throw on his calves? also what are his calves weaning weights like?