True sire of Cunia 602

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

SEA said:
I do not want a fullblood or high % Maine sire for this particular breeding goal, as I am wanting to mate some commercial/cross cows, to produce replacement females. 

By low percentage, I am looking for approx. 1/2 blood MA/AN.  Deep ribbed, easy fleshing, milk, and structurally correct, in a frame score 5-6 package.

I have found the half blood Maine/Angus or Simm/Angus sires, when maternally bred, make for a good sire for this particular breeding goal.

i'm just saying make your own fullblood/angus to get a 1/2 blood using a fullblood on a straight angus.

LostFarmer

If you are looking to make maternal cattle with the Cunia influence you might look at the Backlash bull.  He is out of the old C17 cow that was sired by Cunia and Myer.  If that won't add some maine influence in a maternal package I am not sure what will.  There is also an Irish Whiskey son out of the same C17 cow.  I have cows bred to both and will tell you what I find out next spring.  The IW son would give you about 5/8 maine and some good maternal ones as well.  PM me if you need more information.  LF

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
HAVE you guys found me a sire for this heifer to sell in my sale....she is suppose to be 602 Cunia an her maternal sister was Reserve Grand Maintainer in the junior National  in 2004  in Illinois ....

Attachments

• IMG_6549 copy.jpg
    IMG_6549 copy.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_6550 copy---F025---.jpg
    IMG_6550 copy---F025---.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 183

OH Breeder

Freddy how's that work? You would think the person who bred him would have some idea of his parentage. ??

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
In our world to day I guess it's not that  way, senators that aren't smart enough to keep up with taxes, but were suppose to believe they are smart enough to vote on a bill without reading it , must be part of the change  we were promised ....

CAB

Kroupa bred the bull and says that he is Cunia. I was looking the bull up in a sire directory and the sire of Cunia 602 was stated as "not Cunia", literally. Again I talked to Greg and he says that He'll go to his grave saying that his sire is Cunia.

SEA

knabe:

I'm not sure what "game" your playing, but, I'll play.

What ever the sire and/or dam of any registered cattle is very important to cattle producers who believe in, rely on, and use cattle pedigrees.

When puchasing, breeding, etc.

jimbob123

SEA said:
knabe:

I'm not sure what "game" your playing, but, I'll play.

What ever the sire and/or dam of any registered cattle is very important to cattle producers who believe in, rely on, and use cattle pedigrees.

When puchasing, breeding, etc.

saying it does not matter means nothing matters....why even look in your tank when you AI a cow?  just breed her to anything as it does not matter..... O0

knabe

i'm not playing a game.

if the sire's sire is unknown, and the bull is a good bull, which he is, register the offspring as maintainer's and breed them up.  

that's the great part about the maintainer system.

i would probably use the bull myself, but actually am trying to stay away from cunia, which if he's not cunia, makes me more inclined to use him.

Latest posts