Trying to find a bull to breed with heat wave daughters.

Help Support Steer Planet:

HAB

Cordo1 said:
I'm trying to figure out what to do here. About every good bull is out of him and am trying to figure out a bull that will cross with his daughters.

Sorry if I sound like a broken record.  ;)

Moto Moto has worked great on Heatwave influenced females.

He is 100%  Fullblood Galloway.  His calves are shaped right when born and turn into thick made soggy, soft made calves.  The females will make great replacements for clubby, or commercial.  Very versatile.  He just does a lot of things right.

RankeCattleCo

Cordo1 said:
CMAHerefords said:
I'm not much of a clubby guy but I would maybe try No worries.

We just started playing around in the clubby deal a little bit and I like the looks of him and maybe when they get older try Caught Lookin', kinda like the looks of him a little too.

Did you have any no worries calves out of heifers? Just wondering how big his calves are for that.

Calves are small and lively, haven't had to pull one yet out of clubby heifers and cows but small sample size

GoWyo

HAB - when you breed Moto Moto to a hairy clubby female, is the hair on the calves usually curly like a galloway or straight?

HAB

GoWyo said:
HAB - when you breed Moto Moto to a hairy clubby female, is the hair on the calves usually curly like a galloway or straight?

All the ones I have seen have been pretty straight haired.  Even our 3/4 bloods out of him are much straighter haired than the full bloods.

DSCSD

Frisky Whiskey Crimson Tide Ali I-80 Hard Whiskey BandWagon..... those are what ive picked out for some friends that follow the same problem.... Frisky calves have lots of vigor we won the NILE heifer club calf show a few years ago with a Crimson x HW