Trying to register a 25% Simmental

Help Support Steer Planet:

LLBUX

I have a heifer I would like to register as a 25% Simmental.
Out of a Belted Galloway bull and Simmental/ Angus cow.

I cannot register Beltie as the dam has a white face.

Maternal grandsire is a purebred, but not registered
Simmental bull. No clue to his lineage.

Grand dam is commercial Angus.

Does the ASA have an opening to register this heifer as a Sim-Solution?

I have the heifer registered in the Composite Beef Registry, but they are not accepted
by the Illinois State Fair as a breed association.

Any suggestions?
She has to be 100% legitimate for us to show her there.

Thank you-

WinterSpringsFarm

Pretty sure the sire of the calf has to be a registered bull, the ASA don't seem to care much about the dam.

cbcr

The heifer as you registered her would need to be shown in the AOB classes.  Breed classes are only open to animals registered with that breed registry.

Simmgal

In order for her to be recognized by the association as anything other than a commercial Simmental, any purebred Simmental animals in her lineage would have to be registered with the association. Her sire would have to be registered as a 50%, which would mean his sire or dam would need to be a registered purebred, I believe.

LLBUX

I tried to get on the site yesterday and could find nothing that would help me.
I plan to call later today.

I was hoping they had some kind of commercial program where I could register through the dam side.     
The great grandsire was a registered bull.
I just need to find out his name.  Grandsire was purebred, but was not bought with papers.

Buck

Of the "Continental" registries the Simmental is the most restrictive in my experience. Also, in my experience you can do more with a registered cow/ heifer than you can with a registered bull. To my knowledge they don't have a category for commercial registrations. I have had heifers that I had a hard time registering out of purebred simmi bulls because the cow was not registered. I have also seen many % simmis shown out of the popular clubby bulls of today. The difference is they were out of a registered cow.

cbcr

The papers with the Composite Beef cattle Registry have been accepted in other states to show in AOB classes.  Illinois has a different set of rules for AOB.  Their rules are that the animals still has to be registered with a breed association, can't be done if the animal does not qualify.  We have had junior members in California, Texas, Florida and other states that have used Composite Beef Cattle Registry papers with no problem.

Usually the rules for AOB classes are that the animals must be registered, AOB classes are for various crosses and also where there are not enough animals for an individual breed to have a show.  Some animals are ineligible for registration in breed associations.

LLBUX

I contacted the Supt who informed me the heifer does not qualify to show as she is not registered in a breed association. 
He quoted page 63 of state fair rules.
The State Fair does not consider CBCR a valid breed association.

I sure would appreciate your help in getting her eligible to show AOB, that is why I registered her with you in the first place.

Thank you sir-