Two of our Monopoly steers

Help Support Steer Planet:

lowann

TMJ Show Cattle said:
IOWANN'......The heifers in the Avatar are a Ace's High[shorthorn] daughter and the Angus is a BEB Juneau daughter.
NICE set! They would look awful pretty out in my pasture!!

lowann

CJC said:
lowann said:
Thanks for all the compliments. We feel very fortunate to have won Reserve with all the nice calves there showing.
Braun Show Cattle won Champion & Reserve heifers.
This picture isn't the best of our steer, but like I said it was extremely hot & humid.
Ryan Habeger was the judge.
Like your calves. If you want hot and humid come on down here to Houston. It was 111° F in my truck @ 5:00pm. I'll take your summer time weather any day

Yuck! I won't complain after hearing that. Sounds miserable. This morning it's  60 with a high of 80 for the day, perfect!

lowann

TParker said:
What did you all think of the steer that won?  I heard he was a great one, but was unable to attend the show.
He is good!!! He deserved to be champion. Very nice steer out of Heatwave.

lowann

Just got home from the Iowa State Fair. This is the bigger Monopoly steer. He placed third in his class. Shown as Chi. Iowa state Fair is always tough. The judge thought his muscles were too "round" for his age, for his liking.
We are prejudiced, but we thought he looked aw some. Got allot of compliments on him.

Attachments

• 100_0664.jpg
    100_0664.jpg
    884.1 KB · Views: 195

Reinken Cattle Co.

Wow he looks really good! I never did get to see him today nor did I ever run into you, we stoped in and looked at a few calves and watched some of the heifers show but then had to get back home.

HT

I still really like him!! How can muscles be too round for his age? I thought that muscles were good. I mean in the end, muscles = meat...I personally think he holds everything in a nice show calf package.

lowann

Reinken Cattle Co. said:
Wow he looks really good! I never did get to see him today nor did I ever run into you, we stoped in and looked at a few calves and watched some of the heifers show but then had to get back home.
Wish we could have met. There is always next year!!

Telos

lowann said:
Just got home from the Iowa State Fair. This is the bigger Monopoly steer. He placed third in his class. Shown as Chi. Iowa state Fair is always tough. The judge thought his muscles were too "round" for his age, for his liking.
We are prejudiced, but we thought he looked aw some. Got allot of compliments on him.

I don't think he's too rounded in his muscle shape at all. I see a green steer that should be awesome when finished. JMO.

lowann

Telos said:
lowann said:

I don't think he's too rounded in his muscle shape at all. I see a green steer that should be awesome when finished. JMO.
Thanks! Different judge different day. We showed him at an open show in Albert Lea, Minnesota, the Sunday before we went to Des Moines. The judge up there LOVED him. He got reserve champion. He would have won it, but was being a brat in the ring. We sold him, and he is at Wade Rogers barn. I think he will do well for whomever gets him. He has a super personality as well. He followed me everywhere. It was tough saying goodbye to him!!