Two year old heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

Okotoks

It's that exciting time of year when you get new calves and get to see your heifers turn into young cows. I am pretty impressed with Jaimie's daughter of Diamond Xplosion 23X, Diamond Britney Maid 2B. Pictured here last summer and again yesterday with her bull calf by Diamond Lord Belmore 56B.

Attachments

• Diamond Britney Maid 2B sm (1).jpg
    Diamond Britney Maid 2B sm (1).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 211
  • Britney and 6D.jpg
    Britney and 6D.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 248

tamarack

Impressive looking pair Okatoks. I was runnerup bider on a bull called Sergeant York of yours got anything with his pedigree  or something similar?

mbigelow

Nice looking pair. I think she will make a fine female.  I like the udder suspension and shape, teats look once too! 

jaimiediamond

tamarack said:
Impressive looking pair Okatoks. I was runnerup bider on a bull called Sergeant York of yours got anything with his pedigree  or something similar?

There are a few similarities in the pedigrees of Britney and Sergeant York both Britney and Sergeant are out of Eionmor Chief 16H grand daughters.  Chief shows up 2 times in Britney as her sire is also out of a Chief daughter.  They also have multiple crosses of Diamond Captain Mark 27C, and Northern Legend 3N.  With all that being said if I were to have mated Britney to Sergeant it would only be 3.906% linebreeding.  Most of our bulls that are available will have influence from Legend, Chief, and Captain Mark.  More recent influences being Diamond Prophecy 21P, Eionmor Piper 23Z, and Herbourne B Manitoba Gus 13Z

mbigelow said:
Nice looking pair. I think she will make a fine female.  I like the udder suspension and shape, teats look once too! 

thanks!

oakview

Wasn't Sergeant York a brother to my bull (Zulu)?  I took some photos of the fall Zulu heifers over the weekend.  I'll post them on this thread as soon as my daughter has time to help.

Okotoks

mbigelow said:
Thanks, we really try to select for functional udders, commercial herds don't have time to fuss with bad udders. Here is another two year old owned by Jacqueline. This heifer is Diamond Brienne Anna 13B by YY Leader's Mission 219Z (Coalpiit Creek Leader 6th xByland Mission) and out of a Northern Legend 3N daughter. Her bull calf is another by Diamond Lord Belmore 56B, bw 71lbs.

Attachments

• 13b_and_8d resize.jpg
    13b_and_8d resize.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 189
  • diamond_brienne_anna_13bs_udder.jpg
    diamond_brienne_anna_13bs_udder.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 169

Okotoks

[Quote from: tamarack on February 23, 2016, 12:23:53 AM]

As Jaimie mentioned most of our bulls carry some similar breeding. We are consigning to a sale in Innisfail this year which is a few hours trek for you! The photo attached is of some of the yearling bulls.

oakview said:
Wasn't Sergeant York a brother to my bull (Zulu)?  I took some photos of the fall Zulu heifers over the weekend.  I'll post them on this thread as soon as my daughter has time to help.
Yes he is a full brother to Zulu! Three of his sons just averaged just over $9000 a couple of weeks ago in a mainly Angus sale! Here are a couple of sonss from the catalogue. Lot 42 sold for $10,750 to a commercial herd and Lot 43 went for $10,000.

Attachments

• cowman-s-advantage-yearlings-2.jpg
    cowman-s-advantage-yearlings-2.jpg
    791.9 KB · Views: 206
  • Silverwillow bulls.jpg
    Silverwillow bulls.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 188