Umbarger feeds

Help Support Steer Planet:

glitter6m

Hello. I was just wondering if anyone out there has the mixing rations for any of the Umbargers feeds. I'm bringing home next year's show heifer here in a month or so, and that's what she is on. I was wanting to have it mixed at my local mill to save a few $$ but I need the rations. I'm not sure which one she is on yet, I need to ask the breeder, but any of the formula's would help.
Thanks!

PLKR

I would guess that Umbarger does not make their exact feed contents public knowledge--you may have to do a bit of trial and error to come up with a very similar mix.

glitter6m

I'm pretty sure it is out there because I know of people mixing it in bulk, I just don't have their contact info and thought maybe someone on here did the same thing. I have always fed Showmaster, and liked it, but this heifer will not change. They've tried everything, and Umbargers is all she will eat. I have Showmaster mixed in bulk locally, and have the formula's from my dealer to do it with. I was hoping to do the same with Umbargers.

bolt

U can buy flacked corn from them or crack corn at your local mill as a start.  A far as supplement they use 32% hubard i would use 34% baby beef from kent.  Kent is all plant protien.  Criped oats actually i think worked better and around here are cheaper.  As far as cutting it down ur local feed guy should be able to do that.  I would get ahold of a guy that works for hubard as there salesman that lives down around cloverdale In.  I would say u get ahold of him u mite get ur ration.  I had it wrote down but its been awhile since i feed calves this late.