Umbarger Show Feeds

Help Support Steer Planet:

onthegofarmer

Does anyone use Umbarger Show Feeds? 
Do you like it?
How do you use it?
How expensive is it?

doubled

We used to use it years ago, its a good feed but personally here in Iowa where it gets humid we had a hard time keeping it,
we mix our own or partially use Kent filler, and also showmaster, Showmaster has a great thing going for the kids if you do some winning
you get really nice gifts from them,  we did however prefer kent show feed for the show lambs.

savaged

We've use it for about three years now.  We start the calves with creep on Breeder-Grower, then gradually add-in Cattle Blaster.  The more finish you need, the more Blaster to feed.  For fat steers, probably feed straight Blaster.  For yearling heifers, we feed about a 50-50 mix of Breeder Grower and Blaster.  A lot of heifers will need Breeder Grower only, unless you want them fatter.

It's good feed, and expensive like they all seem to be.

herfchic

I have fed it for a couple of years.  I usually use the breeder grower as an add in to feed that I get mixed at the local feed mill just because it has so much molasses in it that it seems like the calves just love it.  It is as expensive as any other feed, but not any more expensive.  The only thing I have a problem with is that the bags get hard as a rock when it gets cold.