UNCLE KRACKER- CHAR CLUB CALF BULL

Help Support Steer Planet:

sue

Uncle Kracker is new to Cattle Visions line up. What can the char club calf people tell me about him??

CAB

I'm going to have to disqualify myself from being a clubbie Char person, but I did see the bull last spring/summer and he intrigued me enough to get in his pen and take a closer look. He is super impressive from a point of pure mass & muscle, but he is not structurally sound in his frontend which stems from how his shoulder is set in. If you look @ his picture,I think that you can see what I'm saying.JMO. He is the right size and kind to sire some very stout steers IMO, but use him on sound made females.

Show Steaks

CAB said:
I'm going to have to disqualify myself from being a clubbie Char person, but I did see the bull last spring/summer and he intrigued me enough to get in his pen and take a closer look. He is super impressive from a point of pure mass & muscle, but he is not structurally sound in his frontend which stems from how his shoulder is set in. If you look @ his picture,I think that you can see what I'm saying.JMO. He is the right size and kind to sire some very stout steers IMO, but use him on sound made females.

Seen the exact same  thing when i seen him, really appreciate his pure muscle, i'd like to see a little more set in his rear hocks for me

sue

On a side note:  some friends tried Captain on Alias- solid black calf.  We tried Troubador on two second calvers ( captains) should I expect solid black from this mating too??

sue

CAB said:

Attachments

• Uncle-Kracker_small.jpg
    Uncle-Kracker_small.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 377

DLD

A friend of mine currently has him leased, so I've seen alot of him this winter.  Yeah, he might be a little straighter than ideal off both ends, but he does move well.  Probably being in working condition (not nearly as fleshy as in the pic) helps.  Not having seen any calves yet, all I can say is to echo CAB - he's the right size and kind, just be sure the cows you breed him don't have any soundness issues.