unstoppable and bodacious of lautners

Help Support Steer Planet:

sizzler14

I have a two year old i put a cidr in today. I have both unstoppable and bodacious in the tank. how big has everyones calves been out of them?

breyfarm

had two bodacious heifers around 85 to 90 pounds..not sure about the bulls

Ohio1

Bodacious has had a lot of good ones
Had a 85 pound bull calf stout and hairy!

Garrett

I was over at Sinclairs in Indiana last weekend and he had a damn good set of unstoppable calves both heifers and steers. big leg stout made and hairy. He said that he wouldnt be afraid to breed them to 2nd time calvers at all. other than that I havent heard much on unstoppable but i was really impressed and he had one particular one out of a rocky balboa x black pearl cow that was unreal, but i cant remember what he said the average was on bw's but they didnt seem like they would of been big when they came out. sorry i dont have bw numbers

MOClubbyGuy

Woodland Farms said:
had a 68 pound bodacious bull calf out of a first calf heifer.

You got lucky! It is quite risky breeding an unproven bull with a 84 lb BW to a heifer for calf #1. Luckily the cow carries a calving ease trait that helped out. Our bodacious heifer came into the world about 85 lbs. Good luck with him!

Woodland Farms Show Cattl

MOClubbyGuy said:
Woodland Farms said:
had a 68 pound bodacious bull calf out of a first calf heifer.

You got lucky! It is quite risky breeding an unproven bull with a 84 lb BW to a heifer for calf #1. Luckily the cow carries a calving ease trait that helped out. Our bodacious heifer came into the world about 85 lbs. Good luck with him!

Ya ik it! we werent gonna breed her that way but it was one of the last ones in the tank and she came into a heat while i was around, i was a little worried at first but the heifer was premature and weighed just over 50 pounds at birth so i figured dhe would be ok. ik most people probably wouldnt have kept her but shes one of my dads pets  (lol)
My only problem with this calf is he will never stand still for a decent picture! hes one of my best this year though.

Attachments

• junior.JPG
    junior.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 274