updated steer pics..what ya think?

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortdawg

I think he should feed out well - doesn't look like he has any problems structurally - he looks to be very gentle - keep the feed poured to him and you should have fun

katie_k

hes super gentle.  we have never had one act like him ever. just a real sweetheart.  thanks for your opinion.

katie_k

Yah we just got about 17 inches of snow Tuesday night.  You really think hes got what it takes?

Boot Jack Bulls

Which county is it? I'm in the same part of the state and usually get around to several of the fairs. I will have to remember to look for him and see how he progressed. Best of Luck!

LostFarmer

650 now and fair in about 145 days.  You need roughly 600 to 650 more pounds on him.  I would say that you need to stoke the engine and feed the beast to get him to an acceptable finish weight.  In my opinion most county fairs are won with feed.  You need a feed program more than you need a hot shot show calf.  In my county this calf would be in the running if finished and out of the hunt if not done on show day.  Nice steer but you need to feed him to get him there. 

Hyper Intake

You really need to pour the feed to him.....whats his DOB? because 650 for this time of year and fair around the same time as ours is cutting it a little close on the small side imo

katie_k

I'm not 100% on that weight I know he weighed just over 500 in decmeber so I'm not sure.  I haven't weighed him recently