upgrade calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

formersteerjock

What is everyones opinionion on upgrade simmy bull.  What does he do well and not do well on as far as kinds of cows to be used on?

Bird Cattle

Scott Forman in Iowa has a really good bull prospect out of him.  Think he came out of a set of eggs from Guyer.

firesweepranch

We bought a half blood by Upgrade. She is awesome! Thick, deep and heavy muscled for a half blood. We are real happy with her. Will be showing her next year as a bred (she is a September). Where we got her from they had around 8 upgrade half bloods, and all of them looked really good!

simmyman67

Someone please post pictures of an upgrade calf...I have yet to see one.

Simmgal

The heifer in my pic is out of Upgrade. That was an old picture of her an she looks really good now. She is very deep and wide with a good moderate frame size. Her front has cleaned up a little bit since her last picture. The only thing I don't like about Upgrade is his negative milk EPD. I have yet to see a daughter in production, but I am curious to see how accurate that EPD is. I am breeding him to two of my best cows this coming season.

simmyman67

I would like to see an upgrade cow in production as well. Simmgal, please post a pic of your upgrade heifer once she calves.

thebulllady

There were some Upgrade heifers in the Midwest Made sale yesterday.  Open heifers. They were good, but not the high sellers. Personally I don't think he's going to have as much of an impact a hoped. We'll have to see what the females do as they begin to produce.