USA farm visit

Help Support Steer Planet:

Annieboon

Hi all I am coming over to the us the end of next year ( i live in australia) and would really love to visit some farms eg show steers, angus and herefords, and any one willing to give me a tour and hae a chat about cows, if anyone has any ideas of who would give me a tour of their farm, it would be much appriciated!

thanks heaps hope to see you soon!!  :)

Gargan

There are lots of big time production sales in December every year , such as Griswold's in Oklahoma, first class female sale in Iowa, and the Holiday classic sale in Ohio. These are just a few that come to mind.  Lots of big time cattle sell in in these sales. There are also some holiday agr shows to visit in the Midwest also in Dec. If you come in Jan u always could visit the national western show in Denver and fort Worth stock show in Texas. Both are elite show with huge numbers of cattle .  (thumbsup)

Annieboon

ok cool, thansk for that, what time of the year do you recomend me comming? and what shwos do you recomed me going to, i would really love to look at the show steer industry over there. thanks fro your time!

Gargan

If it were me, I would travel to fort worth in Texas for the stock show the end of Jan/ first of Feb. The weather is typically better in Texas than it is in Colorado in winter. Also, there are numerous other stock shows in the weeks following in Texas. Both haired and slick sheared steer shows. And the quality of those Texas majors are 2nd to none. The hair coats will be in full bloom at fort worth as well, being as it is the middle of the winter. That's my recommendation to you. Others may have better options to recommend. If u have the time and money to travel, take the whole month as go to Denver national western also!!

Latest posts