Using TWCC Trendsetter

Help Support Steer Planet:

Sammy

What are points of view on using TWCC Trendsetter now that he has won Denver along with KC and Louisville?  I have only seen photos and talked to several that have seen him so what are the thoughts on kinds or breeding of cows to use him on?  Will the shorthorn in him tend to spot or put white in some of the wrong places when used on cows with color in their background?  What are some of the pluses and minuses of using him?  How marketable are 1/4 Simmental out of Angus cows other than commercial?  Thoughts?

kfacres

I have never seen this bull, only in pictures, and only by word of mouth-- so that I can't help you with...  I'm thinking that he is being geared for use to make clubby type mammas...  I think that with this genetic package, Simx Short x Ang-- he will appeal to most every cattlemen in America!  he kinda combines the top of all 3 worlds- while still making functional replacements that are a little more "off" than those being used for clubby cows... 

With that pedigree, i would guess him to be a larger bull- not huge though--  Something to put on Moderate, THICK, STOUT bulls for steers--ie: HW< HS< Mono, etc...

In addition, I think the Shorthorn back in there could also help him out...  It seems that in todays world, crazy color seems to be a "hot" item, and this will only add to the fire.  I know this isn't the case, but could you imagine what a diluter Sim, put on a roaning Short, back on a fawning Angus would make when put on a smoke, cream, herf, or some other crazy ass color pattern???  I for one like color-

Will I use this bull- likely not--  but then again, I'm more into the purebred Shorthorn side of things...  Guyer owns part of him, and he's a great cattle guy- So I imagine along with the triple crown, he will be promoted highly!!  The question i ask is= how available will his semen be??? 

Bone2011

IMO i have yet to find a bull that excelled in the show ring go out and make a good heard bull. JMO

BadgerFan

GC said:
IMO i have yet to find a bull that excelled in the show ring go out and make a good heard bull. JMO

You have to admit that Trendsetter's sire, Trademark, was a show bull that has turned into a pretty solid breeding bull.  Not perfect, but none are.

Badger

OH Breeder

GC said:

Just prior to Louisville if I am not mistaken they talked about pulling him out of the pasture to work him for show. I am not sure he is your typical show bull. inthebarnagain has some experience with this bull if I remember right.

WWS

I wouldnt say he is any different than the other big bulls out in denver. Trendsetter was a pretty cool looking bull out there in Denver.Enough power, great fronted, with plenty of body.  He is sound but you wouldnt want to mate him to a cow that is on the straighter side regarding her pasterns he looks to be a tick straight in his, nothing too bad at all, just one of those deals you wouldnt expect him to add set when mated to a cow that was straight. He was measured at a 6 on frame out there and was a very maternal looking bull.

mark tenenbaum

I havent seen him-but the combo is about as good potentially as it gets,"who will help me cook the bread ?said the little roan hen Its like every time people fall in love with a blue roan-but even after all these years-few people have the guts to produce one-same thing on Simmiis-some of the best shorts I saw in the early 90s were very closely related to simmi-and the cross really knicked because each breed had something the other needed, even though pedigrees may not have agreed. There are a number of Simmis who :disappeared into the Shorthorn breed"( Hats off to the guy (or woman) who bred the bull O0

jbw

Tolle found the bull as a 2 year old, they just got him broke before Kansas City.  IMO you can not make one any better from the hooks forward. Loosen that back leg up a hair and a slight pinch of lower butt, and he would be pretty flawless!

I felt he won the show pretty easy, SWEET fronted mature bull!

Not to take anything away from the other bulls, but it is hard to beat a big one, especially in the hands that that one is in!!

mark tenenbaum

Sammmy said:
What are points of view on using TWCC Trendsetter now that he has won Denver along with KC and Louisville?  I have only seen photos and talked to several that have seen him so what are the thoughts on kinds or breeding of cows to use him on?  Will the shorthorn in him tend to spot or put white in some of the wrong places when used on cows with color in their background?  What are some of the pluses and minuses of using him?  How marketable are 1/4 Simmental out of Angus cows other than commercial?  Thoughts? How marketable are sound awsome females? O0