Very Frustrated

Help Support Steer Planet:

Will

The new Shorthorn system and I are not getting along.  I am not the most computer savvy guy in the world but I work on one everyday.  This system is one of the least user friendly programs I have ever used.  Then when I try to call in no one answers or calls me back or the voice mail box is full.  The bad thing is I just want to pay my bill and both kids bills.  Been trying all week with no success. Any body else having problems or is it just me?

RasorFarms

I think you're able to pay it online with a credit card (don't ask me how bc I did it once and couldn't remember how to navigate that website if my life depended on it).  Also I know some services are off-limits if there is an outstanding balance, such as viewing/printing pedigrees. This was my case, so I'm not sure what else may be "off-limits". 

But I agree, their system leaves much to be desired.

I once emailed about registering a calf, didn't hear back in a day or so, so I just called and had my question answered.  About a week later I received an email from the same person I held a phone conversation with, answering my same question, as if we had never spoke on the phone...?

coyote

I got an email saying the credit card payment system was down the other day.

Will

My problem is I want to pay mine and my two kids accounts online.  So as I am trying to do this my kids accounts drop off of the my view page. So I try to get them back up and it tells I cannot make my self master of another account or make payments for another account.  So if they are waiting on my 9 year old daughter to make the payment they may be in trouble. Right now she has a new puppy and most of her money is spent on american girl clothes and chew toys for the puppy.

cflem

Welcome to technology and progress. I remember when we first started with Shorthorns in the mid-70's and the pedigrees were hand typed by a couple ladies at the office
And it took a week to ten days to get them back. When they upgraded to computers, it took at least a month and then you usually had to send some back for corrections.

Doc

Yea, I'm still waiting for a call back since Tuesday. Haven't from them yet. JMO the new system lacks a lot to be desired.

Dale

The quickest way to get an answer may be to email your question, especially if their phones are ringing off the hook.  Is there a new person now to help Jake and Kat?  At ASA they can give you control over your daughters cattle, but I think they have to set that up at their office.  On our inventory the grandchildren's cattle now are listed at the bottom.

There is a learning curve, for sure.  Looking under "View" will find a lot of what I am looking for.  With the new online system, moving to KC, the annual meeting, etc. there has been a lot going on. 

mbigelow

I will do my best to help.  Will under your account tab then view tab it should display all accounts listed under your account.  There is an options button at the far right of linked accounts do not click this it will remove linked accounts from your and the assn will have to relink them.  I have spoke to them and they are in the process of removing that.  Now on the same view page there should be in red lettering or black near the bottom pay bill in payments or all at once click one that suits your needs.  When you do it takes you to a third party Web page to pay.  Now to pay your kids account you have to log into theirs separately call or email Jake use the new Asa number listed on our atrocious Web page and ask to have your password applied to all linked accounts so you can log in and do the same.  You can pm or call my cell 5596472817 and I will help if I can.  Good luck.

J

JTM

Yeah I'm having issues also. My ultrasound contemporary group ratios are missing. It makes it almost useless for selection criteria if you don't have the ratios on the system. It also seems to be putting my calves in too many different contemporary groups. I have to say the positives compared to what we had before completely outweigh the negatives we have on the new system. This is a huge opportunity for the breed to step forward as long as people put in accurate data in large numbers.

Dale

Registry Training

January 16 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm

The above is at Denver, right?

There were videos up somewhere to help teach us the new ASA program.  Does anyone know where they are on website?

You are right about frustration with this or about any program--National FFA, a few years ago, launched their membership program with 48 pages of instructions.  After 3 years they were still working on that program....

Will

Just wanted to let everyone know Jake called me Friday evening then again this morning.  I could not get it figured out so he ended up figuring it up and took a payment over the phone. I guess the problem with mine is my kids are whole herd and I am still traditional and when a traditional herd is master over a whole herd the system works differently.  But Jake did take care of the problem.