walks alone bred for her third calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

King Cattle Co.

the other two calves that she has had were just out of my shorthorn herd bull.. now I finally got her ai'd and people are telling my I made a big mistake the way I bred her... I would say she is moderate framed, made nice and not a freak. I bred her to yellow jacket... am I really that crazy???

Mainevent

Is she hard ribbed and tight made? Cause if so you could be in trouble as far as rib and middle, with lifeline and Charolais you never know.

STAL19

I don't see why that would be a mistake? I have 2 walks alone cows and bred one to yellow jacket & the other to crimson tide

mark tenenbaum

What was the Shorthorn made like-or bred like(what does he lack that you need to change etc)-and what does she look like? There are quite a few Maines and Simms out that might really do a better job than a high gutted bull.And a bunch are on Trauches site-Like Comfort Zone, Tail Gater,and Young Money O0

King Cattle Co.

the other two calves were thick and hairy plenty of guts and depth but kinda short and squaty ... they looked really cool as babies but they never really got big enough frame to go any where and maybe a touch coarse in the shoulder so I was hoping that this mating might get a calf a little more evened out