Walks Alone females

Help Support Steer Planet:

mainegirl

Just curious if anyone has any Walks Alone heifers that have calved yet. I know Walks Alone is an 08 model. Would there be any daughters having their first calves this year? If so, what kind of mommas are they making? I have a yearling I plan on breeding this summer and I just had a chromed up one born last week I'm considering hanging on to if she turns out the way I think she will. Thanks for the help!

coal_creek

I had one calve 3 days ago. Laid down and popped out a set of twins out of an In Dew Time son all on her own. Calves weighed 60 and 55. Got up and claimed both calves. She has a nice tight udder with good teat size. Just a good udder for a heifer. I didn't think she would have enough milk to raise both so pulled one and sold it. I'm please with what I've seen so far.

Bulldaddy

I will have four calving in August. They are out of very maternal SimAngus cows. I think if you protect yourself on the cow side you will be okay. walks alone has power like Heatwave with better calving ease. That's why I use him.

mainegirl

Thank you for the comments. I was fearing the worst :) I can't wait to breed my yearling. The breeder told me she comes from a good cow family and should milk real well. The one we just had this spring comes from a good momma so I'm hoping she will make a good replacement heifer.