Walks Alone

Help Support Steer Planet:

BBB

Has anybody seen the bull Walks Alone, and what kind of cows would he work best on. thanks

CAB

From the looks of him, I'd say a long fronted bigger cow that needs downsized & spread apart. Oh and one with a larger pelvis.

herefordfootball

I would use him on a long bodied, easy moving cow that needs to be downsized. I think this bull would throw some KILLER calves, that might be a little bigger at calving time, but will be worth it come show time. Really like this bull, cant wait till semen comes availalbe!!!

TMJ Show Cattle

If he will breed "TRUE' he could be the "HW replacement that everyone wants.I tried to help out the benefit auction that was held,but it got too high for an unproven bull that is having trouble freezing.Will try him at later date,[next spring]

herefordfootball

TMJ Show Cattle said:
If he will breed "TRUE' he could be the "HW replacement that everyone wants.I tried to help out the benefit auction that was held,but it got too high for an unproven bull that is having trouble freezing.Will try him at later date,[next spring]
I know what you mean. I thought it would bring like 40 or 50$ tops, but guess I was wrong. Thanks for trying to help out the Druckenmillers!!! I think this bull would throw some pretty neat looking steers, would like to see some calves out of a just a plain cow, think they would be good!!!

afhm

I don't think he is having trouble freezing.  There is just so much demand he can't keep up.  Wade didn't mention any trouble with freezing when I spoke with him last.

herefordfootball

afhm said:
I don't think he is having trouble freezing.  There is just so much demand he can't keep up.  Wade didn't mention any trouble with freezing when I spoke with him last.
I think he isnt producing a whole lot. I'm not a hundred percent sure, but thats what I heard, wether or not he is in high production still cool looking bull!!!  8)

afhm

For some reason I think I heard there was over 5000 units ordered earlier this year, but I'm not sure.

herefordfootball

afhm said:
For some reason I think I heard there was over 5000 units ordered earlier this year, but I'm not sure.
Wow!!! I heard there was a ton of demand, but wow!!! I wish I had my name on the list, but just havent gotten round to it. I think we'll probaly be using him next spring.

farmboy

he is producing. demand is fierce. if you weren't on the waiting list, you didn't get semen this spring. I really wanted to try him this year but couldn't get any

BCCC

Anyone know if you can get ahold of his semen now that spring breeding is done for the most part? Thinking about using it in a flush.

CAB

I've picked up some small amounts of him the last 2 weeks for some PPL. I think that if you call Wade Rodgers that you would have a good chance of getting an order filled. He is finally producing very well and being jumped twice weekly. Good Luck, Brent