Walks Alones as Moms?

Help Support Steer Planet:

CameronW

I'm looking at buying a Walks Alone x Habenero/Herf/Hide-N-Watch heifer for my first heifer. But I don't know how they do as momma cows. I put in for my youth loan the other day and if I get it I will be bringing this heifer home. It will be the first time I have had a calf born here and I know I am a bit ahead of the game but I want to be prepared. So any stories on how your walks alone cows are would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Cameron.

Gargan

I personally don't have any but a neighbor calved a fee out this past spring and was happy with how they did as mommas. Is she already bred? And if so , what is she bred to?

CameronW

She is a spring calf so she won't get bred until next year and she will be shown all year. I will most likely breed her shorthorn or something colored for the first calf. I am partial to cattle with some color or pattern and the calf would probably be shown by me. I will post a picture later when I get a chance.

CameronW

Here is her sale picture but she didn't sell through it so I am buying her outright hopefully.

Attachments

• tag%2022.jpg
    tag%2022.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 156