Walks Alone's first calves!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Tooker

I have been informed by some people very close to Wade Roger's that there are a couple of Walks Alone's out there and he just may be the answer to Heat Wave! Very strong words but, definately a changer. Does anyone have any photo's of his calves. I am pretty excited that I was fortunate enough to get 30 straws early on. We also have 3 confirmed ET calves coming out of our Sullivan Who Made Who cow and Walks coming August 15ht for those of you that will be looking for some fall borns! Please post any pics if you have them. Thanks a lot and good luck on the calving season!
www.cactusroseshowcattle.com

Hollywood27

I have heard the same.  I guess there are a few in California about a week old that look really good. 

LFFASHOWER

I know of a full sib to paddy that just had a walks alone and she is darn good.

FutureBreeder2013

water_buffalo_calf.jpg

(lol) just jokin around.

I cant wait to see the first pictures of his calves

CAB

Went out to Nichols after the steer show was over yesterday to look @ bulls and Walks Alone had been taken home. There should be a good bank of semen available right now. If anyone is close to Nichols anytime soon and are interested in SM bulls, the most impressive bull there right now over all bulls is Mo Town IMHO. He is also proven calving ease. I have been breeding all of a neighbors heifers to him the last couple of years and they have not had to pull any. Jay's bull Burning up is also there right now and is a very complete bull. We also like Wade's new bull Te One & Only and Stands Alone is very complete and good bull. Point Taken is in and looks very good. Hollywood is in now and is good structured nice looking older clubbie bred bull that will sire very competitive calves.

Tooker

FutureBreeder said:
Kinda off topic but if i remember right I think I got the steer in my avatar from cactus rose.
Sorry for the delay getting back to you but, yes he did come from me! How is he looking can you send me some pics. [email protected]. He was a meat wagon, belly dragon dude when he left my place. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Tooker

DSC said:
Who has the ones in Cali? Thanks.
Blain Rogers. He is a WA X Meyer. I talked to Wade on Saturday and he said they are "Dynamite". Breed him like his pedigree indicates you should. He is very small but, his full sibs are not. He has Draft Pick and Full Flush in his pedigree and it will come through. Belly draggin, moderate framed, soft pasterned cows and he will fix the rest he said. Wade had one born the other day that is a maternal sib to Heat Wave and he said (in his opinion) this one was way stouter and hairy as a yak!

yuppiecowboy

I would be more concerned with shape than weight. could be like calving a bowling ball. WA is wider than he is tall.

FutureBreeder2013

Tooker said:
FutureBreeder said:
Kinda off topic but if i remember right I think I got the steer in my avatar from cactus rose.
Sorry for the delay getting back to you but, yes he did come from me! How is he looking can you send me some pics. [email protected]. He was a meat wagon, belly dragon dude when he left my place. I look forward to hearing back from you.

You aint kidding .
Ill send you a pic next month when we get him all prettied up for the show.

VJ

CAB said:
Went out to Nichols after the steer show was over yesterday to look @ bulls and Walks Alone had been taken home. There should be a good bank of semen available right now. If anyone is close to Nichols anytime soon and are interested in SM bulls, the most impressive bull there right now over all bulls is Mo Town IMHO. He is also proven calving ease. I have been breeding all of a neighbors heifers to him the last couple of years and they have not had to pull any. Jay's bull Burning up is also there right now and is a very complete bull. We also like Wade's new bull Te One & Only and Stands Alone is very complete and good bull. Point Taken is in and looks very good. Hollywood is in now and is good structured nice looking older clubbie bred bull that will sire very competitive calves.
I agree with your opinions on the bulls at Nichol's. Stands Alone looks awesome. I also heard Wade took WA home to breed a few cows. Imagine my surprise when I was at Hawkeye on Sunday and shazam there is WA. Not sure why Wade told Jay he was taking him home but actually took him to Hawkeye. Heard was was really freezing well at Nichols. Jay does an awesome job so that is really surprising. One and Only was still at Nichols which makes it even more strange.