Wanted: pics of old angus bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

dblnnumber1

I was going through our semen inventory and came across an old angus bull I can't find a picture of. The bulls name is Fairfield Darkstar P57. I know he is from around the late 80's. If anyone has any info and pics of him I'd really appreciate it if you'd pass it along. Thanks in advance

Tina

rtmcc

I remember using him but don't have a picture handy.  Just trying to remember what he looked like and how we used him.
<cowboy>

OH Breeder

rtmcc said:
I remember using him but don't have a picture handy.  Just trying to remember what he looked like and how we used him.
<cowboy>

I would bet that he was one of the stepladder cattle....If he was late 80's.

dblnnumber1

I was told he definitely had some altitude. Somewhere around a 9 frame score. I did notice that SAV Masterpiece traces back to him. Found that interesting.

lightnin4

I had some Darkstar bred cattle several years ago.  I remember one heifer I had to stand on my toes to see the judge at times and I'm not short (she was a bit extreme).  That was mid or late eighties so that was fairly common.  She was probably the biggest framed cow I ever had.  Some of my best cows trace back to her though.

The Show

What did they see in tall cattle? I wasn't even thought about in the 80's so idk, but from the pictures I've seen they look like starving giraffes (lol)

Cattledog

The Show said:
What did they see in tall cattle? I wasn't even thought about in the 80's so idk, but from the pictures I've seen they look like starving giraffes (lol)

I don't care what anyone says.  Those Darkstars were cool!  They had some substance to them and they had hair!  The frame and attitude were a bit extreme but they were far from starving giraffes.