Wes Hudson - Preview Show Judge

Help Support Steer Planet:

McCauleyCattle

The 2010 Preview Show judge is Wesley Hudson from Harrison, Arkansas.

He is Manager and Partner in Hudson Herefords and Hudson Brothers Angus with his father, Richard Hudson the family operation was started by his grandfather in 1939. Voted Herdsman of the Year by the American Hereford Association in 1989 and was awa...rded the Distinguished Alumni Award from the University of Arkansas. Showed and exhibited many champions at local, stated, regional and nationals levels including 10 National Champion Hereford and Polled Herefords. Hudson has judged shows on the local, state, regional and national level including Kansas City, Louisville, San Antonio, Abilene, Tulsa and Oklahoma City. Also judges the Saler Junior National & Limousin Junior National shows as well as the American Hereford Association Junior National Bred & Owned show. He also judged “Agribition” Canada’s largest Polled Hereford Show, the National Hereford Show in Denver. In 2010 he judged the Angus Junior National Show and will be judging the largest cattle show in the county the North American Livestock Show in Louisville, Kentucky

Attachments

• WesHudson.JPG
    WesHudson.JPG
    958 KB · Views: 225
  • HardeeCounty2010.pdf
    656.5 KB · Views: 116
  • HardeeCounty_2010-entryform_1.pdf
    334.5 KB · Views: 103

cowgirl864

those who have ever been judged by wes hudson are in for a treat!!  he tells it like it is, very consistant, and is one of the best youth judges, " imho"

SFASUshowman

I dont know what Preview Show your talking about, but I agree on the quality of Wes Hudson's judging.  I showed to him many times growing up and while he didnt always like my cattle, his reasoning was spot on, he tells it like it is, and kids walk out of the ring knowing why thier calf fell where it did. 

harrisonshowgurl

I have the privilege of living within 5 miles of Wes. He is a great judge and LOVES to help all the kids he can. He does at least one clinic or talk a year about feeding, washing, and grooming your cattle. Great guy!!!

knabe

aj said:
Is he a Democrat or Republican? Thats what really matters. ;D

what are you?

i'm registered independent since 77, so yeah, it's annoying i can't vote in the primary and i usually don't vote for either party.

garybob

aj said:
Is he a Democrat or Republican? Thats what really matters. ;D
Wes and Richard used to host summer workouts for the area Livestock Judging teams. I was born in Boone County, and raised over in neighboring  Carroll County, so I got a lot of exposure to Wes, and his exemplary character. Wes NEVER acted snooty or looked down upon anyone,(especially us kids that didn't have money), just because they didn't have good cattle, or their family wasn't "connected"to "old guard" of Harrison/Boone County (Edwards, Dearing, Patty, Watkins, etc).

One thing I can say....Wes Hudson is not a "politician".

GB

McCauleyCattle

The Preview Show is the Hardee County Preview Show in Central Florida... but the show is open to anyone who wishes to come.... It is a Breed show that also has a prospect and steer show built in...

We really promote it as a show to learn from... that is why the committee choose Wes Hudson because we heard not only was he an excellent National Level Judge he was great with young people to boot!

Glad to hear all your positive comments!

Attachments

• HardeeCountyFlier-2010_3.pdf
    609.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Ad_hardee_HiRes (3).pdf
    566.7 KB · Views: 139
  • HardeeCounty2010.pdf
    656.5 KB · Views: 101

cattlemanr

Pretty glowing reports from what I have read.  After the job he did sorting the Maines in Louisville he will probably never judge a Maine show again from what I was told.  Two small framed bull calves and two heifer calves in the high % Maines for Ch & Res, leaving some Serious quality big heifers from Buck and Nowatzke & a great BPF bull that is maternal sib to Mercedes Benz stand.

SFASUshowman

cattlemanr said:
, leaving some Serious quality big heifers from Buck and Nowatzke & a great BPF bull that is maternal sib to Mercedes Benz stand.

I dont know about everyone else, but this last sentence made me really think that some Maine people are mad because Wes didnt play their politics game.  I saw pics of the calves the won in the Maines at Louisville, and I heard that people were not happy with the judges placement, I didnt realize until you just said something that Wes was the judge, but I dont think you can dog his judging for what won.  I think the calves that won were quality calves, maybe not what some would have picked but quality calves that were very deserving of the win if you ask me.  I dont think the Bulls he used were small framed at all, moderate framed maybe, but definately adequate, and he made a move that a lot of judges wont, using some younger calves to win. 
Now I didnt see the entire show, but from the Maine calves that there were pics of, I think he picked deserving calves.

advocate

I'm pretty glad the maine mafia got shut out its good to see someone use what they want

CCW

He doesn't care who owns them and he has never been scared to use the best calf in his opinion (even if it was a calf)