we've started calving! (#6 last one til fall)

Help Support Steer Planet:

linnettejane

calf #2 arrived around 330 this morning...
jpj x double vision x gizmo...92lb...unassisted....HEIFER!!!  <party>

ill put more pics on the blog later...

(please excuse the muddy cow...everythings a muddy mess right now!)

Attachments

• 100_7162.jpg
    100_7162.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 187

forbes family farms

AWW i can't wait to see our cows start having calves i just love the calving season its so fun but can be very scary at times lol if you know what i mean.

Show Steaks

looks like a beautiful udder on the shorthorn cow......... was your gigolo joe born early and at what weight id guess from the picture 78#'s (just guessing)

linnettejane

Show Steaks said:
looks like a beautiful udder on the shorthorn cow......... was your gigolo joe born early and at what weight id guess from the picture 78#'s (just guessing)

yeah, the shorty is a milking machine...it seems like at first, she almost has too much for one calf...but after a week or two, the calf is able to keep her milked down to a decent size udder...she's out of a double vision son and has gizmo on her maternal side...im guessing thats where all the milk comes from, cause i really didnt know double visions to be that good at milking...maybe im wrong...

the gigolo joe calf was due on the 25th, came on the 21st...84 lbs...its out of a first calf heifer...good guess...

linnettejane

forbes family farms said:
AWW i can't wait to see our calves start having calves i just love the calving season its so fun but can be very scary at times lol if you know what i mean.

one of my favorite times of the year!!!  and nerve racking too!  we are calving three first calf heifers this year...the first one went great, no help needed...just two more of them to go...

linnettejane

here's a pic of the jpj heifer...dried off, belly full...almost 24 hrs old...

more pics on my blog shortly...

Attachments

• 100_7187.jpg
    100_7187.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 213

linnettejane

#3 is here....another gigolo joe bull calf...84 lbs...more pics on blog...

(sorry about the spots on the pics...must have been something on the camera lens)

Attachments

• 100_7305.jpg
    100_7305.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 163