What are your top 3 clubby bulls?

Help Support Steer Planet:

dimebag

Possum Trot Ranch said:
Here my top three and they are based soley on how they have worked on my cows this year:

Walks Alone--He moderates frame, adds style and muscle, great hair, calves easy out of cows. 

Uno Mas--He moderates frame, adds bone and muscle, really powerful calves, great dispositions, gives you some smokes, larger calves but not no pulls out of cows.  Like a smokey version of Heatwave.

No Apologies--Really glad I sampled this one.  Moderates frame, adds body, muscle and correctness..  Calves easy.  Used on heifers and will use again. 

Semen quality has been great on all three of these bulls.  I have been dissapointed with the semen quality on another popular clubby bull but won't mention his name since it could just be a stroke of luck.
I would really like to see some pics of your No Apologies calves , thinking about doing some ET work with him and one of my best cows .

Bulldaddy

No Apologies is owned by Bradley Hale.  I have attached a photo of one of the No Apologies calves .  He is an August calf out of an Ali X Heatwave cow. 

Attachments

• Noapologies_Y12C.jpg
    Noapologies_Y12C.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 575

dimebag

Possum Trot Ranch said:
No Apologies is owned by Bradley Hale.  I have attached a photo of one of the No Apologies calves .  He is an August calf out of an Ali X Heatwave cow. 
Thanks PTR , that's a really nice calf !

Bulldaddy

He has worked on heifers for me but to be considered "heifer safe" we need to see a lot more calf reports before reaching that conclusion.  Since his sire, Tank, has been used successfully on heifers, and No Apologies  himself is out of a first calf heifer, I thought it was worth taking the chance.  Also, I select for maternal calving ease and like to challenge my cows to have bigger calves.  So, what works for me may not work for you.  The red bull calf in the photo weighed 68 lbs at birth.

ATM OH

Top 3 has to be...

Bojo
One & Only
Walks Alone

Havent used Eye Candy but definitely will be in the future.

Tex

I have always thought No Apologies looked like the perfect bull in his pictures but I have not heard many calf reports.  I could not get Kris Blacks web page to work.  But No Apologies is a Kris Black raised bull that Bradley Hale purchased if memory serves me right.  Is One and Only a a TH clean bull?

CAB

I had a Salty Dog steer as my #1 pick @ Adamson's sale last Friday. He was out of an Impulse cow so perhaps may get a little bigger than what most are looking for, but talk about soft, deep, big boned, and had an easy feed look to him!! He was just strait out powerfull. There were other good Salty Dog calves there and I had to go back and do some research on the bull. I found that Harvey Cattle co. raised Salty Dog and found more calves out of the Dog and out of Kitty, the dam of Salty Dog. My first take on SD was too big, coarse, and may calve HARD. Does anyone know how he is calving please?

bcosu

CAB said:
I had a Salty Dog steer as my #1 pick @ Adamson's sale last Friday. He was out of an Impulse cow so perhaps may get a little bigger than what most are looking for, but talk about soft, deep, big boned, and had an easy feed look to him!! He was just strait out powerfull. There were other good Salty Dog calves there and I had to go back and do some research on the bull. I found that Harvey Cattle co. raised Salty Dog and found more calves out of the Dog and out of Kitty, the dam of Salty Dog. My first take on SD was too big, coarse, and may calve HARD. Does anyone know how he is calving please?

i asked someone who had a few the same question about calving ease since he had used him. apparently they are coming easier than expected.

vet tech

Salty dog scared me at the ohio beef expo. Yes he was thick and hairy but all four feet turned out.

CAB

Salty Dog was a bull that I thought that I would never have to look @ twice, but he is worth watching  IMO.

Bulldaddy

Muddy Creek Show Cattle said:
johnnyboy20 said:
Monopoly, Uno Mas, Bojo (calving ease)

Calving ease on Bojo? Are you kidding me?

I thought maybe he meant calving ease for Bojo which I would agree with.  The Uno Mas calves I have been have been pretty big (100 lbs plus) on the bull calves.  I have had no pulls or trouble on cows but I agree with CAB--he's no calving ease or heifer bull.