What breed would you show this calf as ???

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortdawg

A calf sired by Smooth Sailing out of a cow sired by Heatseeker out of a Witch Doctor/Meyer cow ? Anyone care to run the percentages on this calf ? He is a baldy with some chrome on his legs plus one spot on his side.

nck21

Heat Wave is a Mainetainer now but not HS. You probably can't register him Maine but you could Chi. Interesting pedigree - I have a TH free HS out of a cow whose sire is a Midas x Midas. Was thinking about Highliner or Smooth Sailing.

TottenClubCalves

nck21 said:
Heat Wave is a Mainetainer now but not HS. You probably can't register him Maine but you could Chi. Interesting pedigree - I have a TH free HS out of a cow whose sire is a Midas x Midas. Was thinking about Highliner or Smooth Sailing.

My bad I had a brain fart lol, Yes Heatwave is registerable not Heetseeker. You should be able to register this calf chi for sure though

shortdawg

I doubt we will register him - just mainly wanted to know where you all thought he would class. We will try him as a Chi - if that don't work we can always go commercial which is what he really is anyway. Chi, Maine, Angus, Shorty, Simmy, as who knows what else in his pedigree. If I remember right Smooth Sailing has 15% other in his pedigree.

SPL

I thought Smooth Sailing was advertised to be homozygous solid patterned.

wolfe0322

How bout a Chi-Maine. It should work. I got several registered that way. An old wise man once told me if a calf steped in  a Chi's poop it would have enough Chi in him to be registered.