What cluby bull to use on charolais cows?

Help Support Steer Planet:

spkauffmann

I have some purebred Charolais cows and was wanting to know if anyone knew a bull that would work good on them? I am looking towards smoky calves. I have used heatwave and lifeline they are pretty good calves.

Steer4Caddy

steerjockey said:
monopoly!
Monopoly but you can't get it so I would try his full brother Headliner.  Or if you don't want the TH mess try his other clean full brother All Aboard.  Carnac has also worked for some but structure is an issue but he will add more muscle mass.  Lifeline won't work unless you have a very stout big bodied cow.  I mean very stout.  Heatwave is fine if you don't mind taking a chance on killing 1/4 of your cows.  Hope that helps.  Good Luck!

OH Breeder

I have some eggs coming that I am excited about. Who Made Who and Charlois cow. I have seen some and they are pretty sharp.

STX108

I have heard good things about Jimmy The Greek............

clubcalve

If you want some cool colored calves with some thickness then you coule try jonny walker red. He is clean and has worked wonders on my cows. I can second the headliner suggestion to good luck.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
The CARNAC have been good to me , structure shoulnt be a problem unless cow has problems ...never had a rat tail from him an definitely from HW an I think you might from WHO...  nAUGHTY pINE workd just use smaller framed cow ...one TINMAN heifer  got pretty good but she was 8 months old before we liked her.... later will have some EYE CANDY an MY TURN ,Troubador WORKED GOOD ON ONE Charolais cow an will have more ...Nice to not have Rattails ....

Trails End Ranch

Seen alot of good monopoly calves out of Char cows. lot of smoke and orange calves out of the cross. Really nice cross in my opinion.

xxcc

do you think he's too straight in the back end?  maybe you can do something with the hair when you get calves.

Attachments

• magnumgold.jpg
    magnumgold.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 169

WFCC

most common bulls used on charolais cows are heat wave, friction, lifeline, who made who

Bradenh

Anybody know of a easy calving clubby bull that will leave the calves white.... ? Or a light smoke ...I've seen Carnac do it but I was woundering if any of the bulls will do it consistently when bred to a pb Charolais Heifer