Help Support Steer Planet:

REM

DCC The Man - 2
Jazz - 5
Heat Wave 1 - 2
Leroy Brown - 3
Tyson - 4
Debull - 1
Plus we have 14 embryo's 4 Who Made Who x Simmental, 5 BC Lookout x Simmental, 2 Kadabra x Stout, 1- Fear This X Stout, and 2 Jazz x Topcut.

DL, what kind of cow did you use Taz on ?

DL

REM said:
DL, what kind of cow did you use Taz on ?

REM - the cow is a coming 9 year purebred Maine - sired by Impact (Calberta Black Impact) out of a Witch Doctor cow. I still have the dam of the Witch Doctor cow -  a big R&W 14 yo cow (Strutt x Patrick x Smithbilt x RB8W) - She is a never miss, really moderate framed, easy doing, correct, fertile, great uddered cow with the temperament I love - I had always been fascinated with the bull - I like the Magic and Smithbilt in Taz, he is TH and PHA free and I had a good and informative conversation with Kris Black - so I thought I'd give him a try. Heifer calf is due 1/26

Picture is of the cow as an 18 mo old (in her one and only show - Gr Ch Maine heifer and Supreme female) and again as an adult - couple of years ago as I recall

ps in the older picture there is another cow behind her tail head - she doesn't have a high square tail head :) also the white beast is a Ranger Bred horse not a skinny fullblood Chi  :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• KQ.jpg
    KQ.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 368
  • KQ2.jpg
    KQ2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 362

Bawndoh

3 Trademark...then will most likely breed to Hairy Bear or Sunseeker in the spring of '09.

kjd farms

Ali, Heatwave, Manchild, Who Made Who and then we have females by All About You, Hide n' Watch, and Who Made Who that will have Angus calves by a TC Grid Topper son of our own. 

We also have purebred angus calves to come by DMM Flex 3M, JD Slapshot 3S, our Grid Topper bull, and PVF New Horizon 001.

Anyone have any experience with calving to New Horizon, he has only sired about 15 registered calves in Canada, but from what I have read, he has sired a lot in the US.

Throttle

BRdoc said:
We had super luck breeding this year. Out of 25 AI's we settled 22. Out of 10 embryo's we settled 7.

That's an awesome year of breeding right there. Someone else said 7 of 7 on eggs. Wow. You gotta be living right. Way to go!

I have cut back to about 40 cows. I have calves coming by:

Heatwave and clones
Manchild
Friction
Dr. Who
Alias
Invincible
OCC Missing Link on heifers
Wonder donor will have 2 Dr. Who's and a Heatwave - I'm pumped about all of those!

Chap - I'm curious about your My Turn x Wonder embryos. I haven't seen too many, but of the half dozen or so My Turns that I have, none was a bad one. Hook says that if he'd sell half as many units, he'd knock Heatwave off his high horse. What's your Wonder donor like and keep me posted on the calves?!

Doc

Bloodstone x ARH Ruby - ET

Bloodstone x GCC Fool Pride 10 - ET

Lucky Strike x Equity Fool 88 - ET

Leggs x American Dreams - ET

Primo x Sugar n Spice - ET

Red Vision x Irish Lassie - ET

Leader 21st hfr AI'd to Pa Do Boxer

These are my highlights. I had bull problems on cleanup & have several moving to fall.

shortdawg

4 on the ground already - Rocky Balboa, JPJ, Vanilla Ice x 2

Others on the way out of Primo, Lead On, Alias, JPJ, Denver ( Trump/Dazzle Fool ), and Blanco ( JPJ Son)

shortyjock89

Have a few by our herd bull, DMS Magic Man, on a Kool cow, and a JB Boxcar heifer, and I think all of our other cows stuck AI.

Ace of Diamonds x Sonny (donor cow)....we're pretty excited abot this one.
Perfect Timing x Hoosier Hot Shot....a full sib mating to a heifer we will show this year..another really anticipated calf.
Perfect Timing x Wild Side..another full sib mating to a heifer we have...should be cool.
Ace of Diamonds x Perfect Timing..show heifer from this year.  We're gonna watch her close, but feel she should be fine.
PB Kryptonite x CCC Gold Rush...appendix heifer we showed this year. She's gonna be one cool cow.
Major's Money Man x HD Big & Rich...appendix heifer we're selling on Duis' sale..look for this one in October, she's really coming on!

DCC_Cattle

My cows are bred to...

Jake's Proud Jazz
Double Vision
Guitar Hero
Radio Active
Eclipse
Heat Wave
Heat Wave 1
Sun Seeker
Doctor Who
Next Step (herd bull by Theobald 969)

shortyjock89

What did you use Guitar Hero on? I thought his picture looked prett cool, but I was going to wait a year to see what he could do.

clubcalve

My cows are bred to..........
24J BT Right time            Money Shot   
BR Midland                      GF Kadabra
Alias                                Out of 54 cows 5 didn't settle and they got bred by a New Design 1407 son <party>   
Power Stroke
Rito 4D7
Jonny Walker Red
Lau Decade
Connealy Lead On
War Alliance
Stitz Alliance

Davis Shorthorns

we are using Jakes Proud Jazz on our Kilmilhill cow.  I am really exited about this one after seeing the lead off heifer at K-Kim's sale today.  then we are using Ar Su Lu Osage and Ar Su Lu Massive for the rest of my purebreeds.  Then on my commercials I am using my herd bull Hunter a K-Kim Revamp X TM Kilmilhill son.

DCC_Cattle

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
What did you use Guitar Hero on? I thought his picture looked prett cool, but I was going to wait a year to see what he could do.

I used Guitar Hero on a SS Lucky cow. I saw him in person and thought he was pretty cool. So we'll see!

Doc

Davis Shorthorns said:
we are using Jakes Proud Jazz on our Kilmilhill cow.  I am really exited about this one after seeing the lead off heifer at K-Kim's sale today.  then we are using Ar Su Lu Osage and Ar Su Lu Massive for the rest of my purebreeds.  Then on my commercials I am using my herd bull Hunter a K-Kim Revamp X TM Kilmilhill son.

What did that hfr bring?

kane1598

DCC_Cattle said:

I used Guitar Hero on a SS Lucky cow. I saw him in person and thought he was pretty cool. So we'll see!

I really liked the looks of this bull as well.  Could he move?  What did you think about him, any details on anything is appreciated.  Thanks DCC.

DCC_Cattle

kane1598 said:
DCC_Cattle said:

I really liked the looks of this bull as well.  Could he move?  What did you think about him, any details on anything is appreciated.  Thanks DCC.

When I first saw Guitar Hero he was standing in a chute. I thought he looked very cool and he is probably one of the thickest shorthorn bulls I have seen. I did see him move and he was sound. It will be interesting to see what his calves will look like!

dimebag

Yellow Jacket 8
Hoo Bear 4
Buckcherry 1
Joe B 1
clean up bull (double bred Witch Dr.) 4