What do you think of her?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

This is our Bloodstone x Lucky Charm hfr. She's a March 11, '08 & weighed 720# for the Jr show. She stood 5th out of 12 in the Jr show & 7th out of 15 in the open show today. 1st time out , so not too bad I don't think. This is the full sister to the hfr that cowz bought in the futurity & to shortdawgs hfr(we bought the pregnancy from him). The pictures aren't the best, I took them with my phone right before we took her to the ring.

Attachments

• Lucky Charm 1.jpg
    Lucky Charm 1.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 1,094
  • Lucky Charm 2.jpg
    Lucky Charm 2.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 1,049

shortyjock89

Doc, I really liked her in stalls and thought she looked really nice in the Jr. Show...wish I coulda met you down there..but I wasn't around Tim's stalls much.  If you have division and overall champs in the heifer and bull show, could you post them or maybe send them to me? Thanks!

OH Breeder

Looks pretty cool. Nice body. Looks like she has plenty of depth.
she is also young and there is always time to grow etc. She sure has the blood lines. Really nice.

SKF

She looks great but she would look even better in my barn! ;)

kane1598

She is very pretty and feminine, maybe could use some more butt and bone though.

justintime

She looks like a keeper Doc. She is going to make a very good cow. My only concern is I think she needs a more northern climate to develop to her best potential. Let me know if I can help.

Show Dad

For being a March calf she is progressing nicely. All made up it's hard to pick her apart. But I would suspect the judge had his reasons. (What were they?)

She has that look that say "I will only get better with age."

uluru

She looks great
There were a lot of real good Bloodstone progeny at the NAILE.
She did real good in the standings when you consider all the competition.
Congratulations.

onthegofarmer

uluru
I agree Bloodstone calves where in the top end all the time.  I would love to find some Semen.

JoeBnTN

Doc,

I thought she looked really good yesterday and could easily have moved up a couple of spots.  She looked like she had more gas left in her tank than some of the ones ahead of her, so things may very well change as time goes by.  She's one that will be fun to play with.

Joe

itk

I would breed her to Hank. To bad somebody had to get greedy and sell him, now nobody can afford semen anymore. Thanks for making us all feel bad for not buying semen when you were selling it for $20 a straw. ;D The lot 14 heifer is out of the Kendra that Twig bought from JC at the Expo right. I have yet to see a animal that traces back to that cow family I don't like.

M Bar

You are correct on the Kendra cow.  She(sale heifer) looks really nice (the old cow is out on milo stalks behind the house).  The other two sale heifers are just as good and the Frontpage cross calves ought to be darn good.  When large scale angus breeders stop in their tracks to look at the cross calves, and want you to make more, you kinda have to listen.

showman ne

good luck with that (lol)the bloodstones are great cattle. really nice looking heifer, which lucky charm is she out of?