What has happened to common sense and parenting? N/C

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

Ohio teen collapses after Call of Duty marathon
By Chris Morris

PostsBy Chris Morris | Plugged In – 5 hours agoEmailPrint
(Credit: Getty Images)A 15-year old from Columbus, Ohio was rushed to an area hospital Tuesday after collapsing during a marathon session of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 that lasted between four and five days.

Tyler Rigsby was admitted to the Ohio State University Medical Center, suffering from dehydration. Hospital officials say he was released later in the day.

Local news reports say Rigsby only paused the game to use the bathroom, grab an occasional snack and take a shower. He stopped playing Tuesday to visit his aunt with his mother.

"It's like he was looking at me but he wasn't there. It was like he was looking through me," Jennifer Thompson, Rigsby's aunt, told Columbus NBC affiliate WCMH-TV. "We were talking and I heard a thump and I looked over and he just fell."

The boy's mother, Jessie Rawlins, said he turned pale and his lips "became a disturbing blue color."

"I was very scared," Rawlins added. "I thought he was going to die. He just fell over three times."

The collapse was scary stuff, but it could have been a lot worse. At least two gaming enthusiasts have died this year after marathon play sessions. Last month, an 18-year old player in Taiwan was found dead after a 40-hour marathon session with Diablo III. And in February, another Taiwanese gamer had a fatal heart attack while playing in an Internet Café in Taipei while playing online hit League of Legends. Fellow players, though, didn't notice he had died for another nine hours.

J2F

Gone the way of the doo doo bird my friend. This of what happens when everyone starts expecting the government to take care of them and tell them how to live. Someone will want a law written and and company sued.

JimF

It is all part of nature's way of natural selection of weeding the weak from the herd - kind of like riding a motorcycle without a helmet - one less Obama voter in the making - idiots -

J2F

JimF said:
It is all part of nature's way of natural selection of weeding the weak from the herd - kind of like riding a motorcycle without a helmet - one less Obama voter in the making - idiots -

That is what is suppose to happen. The problem is people keep stepping in stopping it. Now we have a bunch of hard calving, no milk producing , small bone, low grade can't find water if they fall out of boat  idiots in our herd bringing us all down. :mad: I say you want to sit around on your lazy butt and do nothing fine set there but don't ask me to pay for it.

J2F

angus214 said:
Who has that kind of free time! Volunteer, get a job, go outside! And sham on the parents for letting this take place.

I don't know about you but I never had  that kind of window of "free" time between choirs, sports and other orginized events like 4-H.

Alscows

Only problem is they stay alive or live longer!