What is in your first aid box?

Help Support Steer Planet:

rocknmranch

What do you have in your first aid box for the ranch animals? Just curious. With all the calves coming, cow issues, what do you have in your box?

stangs13

rocknmranch said:
What do you have in your first aid box for the ranch animals? Just curious. With all the calves coming, cow issues, what do you have in your box?

For our show barn we have LA 200 and some other goodies i dont think need to be said on the internet! Always have iodine, soap, wraps available.

LN

Penicillin, oxytocin, baytril, electrolytes, calf pulling eqiupment checked and cleaned. That covers most of what we use.

linnettejane

i  keep some bottles of bloat drench in my show box and it seems every year we go to an area county fair, someone needs to use it....fortunately we never have had to use it...but i always keep it around just in case...

GoWyo

A .22 pistol, hunting knife, bone saw and some game bags.  If it's not too sick, gotta save the meat.  (thumbsup)

rocknmranch

We'll being that we are butchers that raise our own cattle, the gun, saws, knifes, tarp and gamble are always handy.  (clapping)    I have now learned to keep calcium gluconate, dexamethasone and colostrum in the first aid box as well. We always have iodine, old jeans, heavy duty auto adhesive, and a few other neccesities.

Torch

A bottle of old number 7 (to help calm my nerves during calving season).

GoWyo

rocknmranch said:
We'll being that we are butchers that raise our own cattle, the gun, saws, knifes, tarp and gamble are always handy.  (clapping)     I have now learned to keep calcium gluconate, dexamethasone and colostrum in the first aid box as well. We always have iodine, old jeans, heavy duty auto adhesive, and a few other neccesities.

What are some uses of the heavy duty auto adhesive?

xxcc

GoWyo said:
A .22 pistol, hunting knife, bone saw and some game bags.  If it's not too sick, gotta save the meat.   (thumbsup)
.357 and a lariat rope <cowboy>

knabe

back in the day, we used the fiber chains instead of chains.  they were easier on the bones.

xxcc

rocknmranch

GoWyo said:
rocknmranch said:
We'll being that we are butchers that raise our own cattle, the gun, saws, knifes, tarp and gamble are always handy.  (clapping)     I have now learned to keep calcium gluconate, dexamethasone and colostrum in the first aid box as well. We always have iodine, old jeans, heavy duty auto adhesive, and a few other neccesities.

What are some uses of the heavy duty auto adhesive?

We use it in conjunction with the jeans for eyes.... We ran out of eye glue, and there are no suppliers nearby at all, so off to the auto parts store. Works well.

Latest posts