What Is The Bes TRAILER?

Help Support Steer Planet:

jtho3c

If you can't tell by my profile pic, I am a big WILSON man! If you've got a better one, tell me why!

jbh

I've had two EBY's and really like them.....seem to be one of the stouter, all purpose aluminum trailers.  My buddy's do really like their Wilsons too.  They are ALL TOO EXPENSIVE!

shortyjock89

We LOVE our Eby. It was alot better deal than Wilson's that were similar. 

simtal

We have an Eby too and love it.  The rule of thumb I've always heard is: never buy a trailer from a company who doesn't make a pot.

afhm

Nothing tougher than a Barrett.  I also like the Wilson, Merritt, Eby and sort of the Elite.

CJB

simtal said:
We have an Eby too and love it.  The rule of thumb I've always heard is: never buy a trailer from a company who doesn't make a pot.

I agree with everything said above.  Love our Eby.  Had it since 93 or 94.  Still looks like new with a powerwashing.

DR

We've got a 30 year old Featherlite that I wouldn't trade for a new trailer. It is strong, functional and does everything we need to do. I only wish it were wider than 7 foot for show stuff. It works great for everything else.

jtho3c

simtal said:

I'm not quite sure if you were joking with that, if you were, hilarious. Wilson makes 90% of the pots out there!

TMJ Show Cattle

Over the years we have used every "pot" known to be made by man. Wilson gets top vote for us,However,Barrett ranks a close second. In gooseneck circle's we like the Eby's,but what we think has held up the best is a 4 Star.Heck just about all of them are pretty decent nowadays.

Shady Lane

I just went through this trailer buying process this spring.

I had an older steel trailer and wanted to replace it with an alluminum.

I think I looked at just about every make on the road, like a lot of things I found that many of the brands had features I liked as well as characteristics that I didn't.

All of the brands listed so far got good marks in my book.

However I didn't want a trailer with punched sides like the Wilson etc because of the cold climate up here in Canada, going to fall shows it can sometimes be VERY cold. I've hauled in -30 ugliness before and I didn't want that hassle of replacing all those rubber plugs.

So I ended up with a 2009 Sooner SR724 Ranch.

I've put about 4,000 miles on it since I got it in March and so far I'm happy with it.

I have some horses as well so i really liked the 7'2" inside height.

I got it with a slide in Plexi Glass kit as well as rubber mats on the floor, 2 dividers. It seems to be very well built, the welds look to be very good quality, the upright posts are very sturdy and it is gusseted where I have seen similar trailers crack.

I guess I'll know better in 10+ years if it was a good choice.

On this particular purchase it came down to what was available, what I was happy with and a deal tha I could live with.

My next choice probably would have been a Sundowner 7X24'

beefy

we have a 02 wilson and have had it to the welder 3 times since 05. tough desert and mountain roads are hard on the aluminum trailers here. but on pavement love the wilson fifth wheel and our pot. but i have a 1981 neckover (steel) that has wore out 3 trucks and all we have done replaced the floor in it . open top and rusty but it gets the job done      <cowboy>

jbw

Bought a Wilson, our second choice was an Eby. I personally would never buy a featherlite, their name explains it all. If you are only going to use them for a few head and stay on the road they are fine.

ROAD WARRIOR

I have pulled about every kind of trailer made in the last 30 some odd years. Keifer, featherlite,Barrett, Eby, several short line and steel trailers etc, etc. The last one I bought was a Wilson and it was money well spent. I agree with jbw the Featherlite and Kiefer trailers are the bottom of my list. RW

PeeWeeChamp

What have you heard about Cherokee trailers?  I don't know much about them, and would like any and all feedback.

Thanks